Replace Loncin 125cc with Lifan 125cc - direct swap

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wlfpck

Reaction score
Hello,

I just purchased a Icebear Fuerza. Basically the Honda Grom clone. The Icebear Little Monster is a clone of the SSR Razkull.

From my research... the SSR Razkull uses a Lifan 125cc motor. The Icebear uses the Loncin 125cc (LC152FMI).

Also, from browsing this forum and other forums... the Lifan is a much more popular and reliable motor with a lot more aftermarket.

The question I have is if my Loncin motor craps out... is it the Lifan 125cc a direct bolt in? As in remove old motor... put in the new Lifan... plug everything back up. And we're done.

Or are mounting points going to be different and stuff like that?

At the same time... would the bore kits and stuff sold for the Lifan 125cc be usable on the Loncin?

Thanks,

pretty sure any horizontal 110 based engine will bolt straight in,......don't waste ya time with the lifan!, just get a GPX125 race engine, they rip straight outa the box and reliable......my 2c worth..haha

pretty sure any horizontal 110 based engine will bolt straight in,......don't waste ya time with the lifan!, just get a GPX125 race engine, they rip straight outa the box and reliable......my 2c worth..haha

Would all the wiring be plug and play as well? First time owning a motorcycle... not sure if it is like a car where you have a LOT of electronics that are NOT universal.

For the time being... I'll be keeping with the Loncin. The motorcycle hasn't even been delivered yet. I'm just prepping for when I need more power or when the Loncin motor dies.

The other reason I brought up Lifan is that there is a Lifan big bore kit for sale for cheap. That's why I wanted to know if the Lifan, Loncin, GXP125, etc is all the same design. If so... wouldn't be a bad little build to eventually do the GXP125 and the big bore kit.

Someone on the Chuckus facebook group just stated that the Lifan parts are not interchangeable with the Loncin motors. Hopefully this means that they will still bolt up as if I need to replace the motor, I really just want a direct bolt in replacement.

Can anyone confirm that the Lifan parts are for sure not interchangeable?

Motor is a direct bolt in swap, as is any other motor designed for a pit bike. The loom should plug in and work no hassles, at worst if it doesn't, swapping the stator from the loncin to the lifan will solve that. If the loncin is elec start then get an elec start lifan, if its kick only get a kick only lifan to make it as simple as possible if thats what you want. Owning both a loncin and lifan 125, there are minor differences in internal parts (my loncin has a 1n234 shift drum versus the lifans n1234 shift drum) but 97% of parts are interchangeable. If you're going to swap out to another motor, you might as well go bigger at the same time. It all bolts in the same, you may have to swap a few wires around but nothing complicated, just post up any issues, its all been done before and most people are more than happy to help you out with info and answers to questions.

Motor is a direct bolt in swap, as is any other motor designed for a pit bike. The loom should plug in and work no hassles, at worst if it doesn't, swapping the stator from the loncin to the lifan will solve that. If the loncin is elec start then get an elec start lifan, if its kick only get a kick only lifan to make it as simple as possible if thats what you want. Owning both a loncin and lifan 125, there are minor differences in internal parts (my loncin has a 1n234 shift drum versus the lifans n1234 shift drum) but 97% of parts are interchangeable. If you're going to swap out to another motor, you might as well go bigger at the same time. It all bolts in the same, you may have to swap a few wires around but nothing complicated, just post up any issues, its all been done before and most people are more than happy to help you out with info and answers to questions.

Awesome! Thanks for the info.

The Loncin that comes with the Icebear Fuerza I believe is a 4 down shift pattern. Good to see that things swap over. I think a future mod would be the big bore kit that's on the TBoltUSA site or a similar kit. As a special, I got an upgraded Carb kit. Figured, I'd do the sprocket change and then big bore kit later down the line.

I'm glad to hear everything will swap over. Taken me a LONG time of researching. At my starting point, I thought the motor was a GY6 type. haha. Since it is not a GY6, what is the term that is used to refer to this category of engines? For instance Pirahna has a 150cc swap that people have done in the Fuerza already. Is there a term like "pit bike motor" or something that refers to all engines with this particular mounting bolt pattern?

Just trying to learn more so that when the time comes, I actually know what I'm talking about. :D

Last edited:
pretty much any horizontal pitbike engine from 50cc-190cc daytona will bolt up in any pitbike frame..

most reference's are to crf50/klx110 mounting patern if that helps....??

pretty much any horizontal pitbike engine from 50cc-190cc daytona will bolt up in any pitbike frame..

most reference's are to crf50/klx110 mounting patern if that helps....??

Yep! pretty much the answer I was looking for. Just wanted to know that there are a lot of options available. :)

Latest posts

Back