respoke my wheel

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goneriding001

Reaction score
gday people.

i want to change my hubs, how hard is it to despoke and respoke a rim do u think i could do this myself or would i be better off paying a pro to do it for me if so what sort of price would i be looking at.

If its on a china bike all i do is just buy a complete hub and wheel already laced up you can get them on e-bay for about $60 to $70 I would just do that, it would probably cost you $60 just to get your new one laced up. So every time you destroy a rim just buy a new complete one and bin the old. It might not be as good quality as a billet hub but it still goes around and :rolleyes: has sealed bearings.

i have 2 brand new wheels ( rims, hubs, spokes) already together.
one black rim with pink hub and one gold rim with silver hub.
i want to put the pink hub onto gold rim and silver hub on black rim.

its not too hard but it takes a long time to get it spinning true and can be real annoying if you dont know what your doing, but i say have a go anyways and if all else fails just go out and either buy a complete new one or pay someone to finish the job

if all else fails you buy me new one for giving crap advice that i could of got from my grandmother.
of course if i stuff it i will have to buy new one i dont want to do that only just brought 2.

LOOK CAN THE AVERAGE JOE DO IT RIGHT OR NOT? YES OR NO WILL DO.

WHAT SORT OF PRICE WOULD IT BE TO GET IT DONE BY A PROFESSNAL? A ROUGH AMOUNT WILL DO.

AND NO IM NOT BUYING A NEW ONE.

If you want to respoke your wheels, get it done by a mechanic. Most of the time if you do a home job with a tiny spanner, it isnt evenly tight and the spokes will snap, once they start to snap, your rim gets buckled then you've pooped your dacks.

Good luck

Hi goneriding001
We re-lace wheels.....
To dismantle one wheel and re-build another using the existing parts we charge about $95.00 labour
Using a truing jig and dial indicator it is quite a labour intensive job.!
Cheers brian

mate thats exactly what i had put in my previous post, that it would be expensive to pay some one to do it, so you might as well have a go and if all else fails then go out and buy a new one for 40-50 instead of spending 90 on a second hand set up, if i was you i would stop having a go at people trying to help you out as they will stop and you'll be left on your own wondering why nobody wants to help you anymore. as for "can the average joe do it" comment the answer is maybe, it would depend on your background with bike, tools and experience, i would probably say in your case no, but you might get lucky and learn something while doing it, all it takes is a spoke spanner, lots of time and patience and a ruler to see if its square on the bike once finished, its too difficult trying to explain how to do it and since you have blasted me before i really dont feel inclined to spend my time telling you how.
end of rant

unlike u tubes i dont put crap $40-$50 rims on my bike would always be buying rims. u cheapo $95 aint exspensive to have a nice looking bike and a bit of pride in what u own.

Sounds like you need to work out if you can justify spending the money to get your hubs swapped over properly. I would recommend getting your wheel built by someone who has the proper tools such as a truing jig. You would be fooling yourself if you thought you could build a wheel even 90% true without one. Or even easier you could just run the rims on the hubs they are already on??

if u want matchin colour hubs or whateva just paint them with model paint costs about $3.00 for a little jug thingo from any leading model shop

its all got to do with the bling factor, the cost dont really matter that much, so i will take the GOOD advice i got here from u fine chaps and get it done properly. cheers all thanks.

I think you should have a go your self as tubes said, it is no hassle to take the spokes out yourself and try lacing up the wheel.
If you can't get it true, then take it to a pro, because you have taken the spokes out yourself and partly laced the wheels up, the cost would be substansially lower for it to be done..........

hey tubes pop off

thats real mature mate, if you wanna spend heaps on such a little thing then go ahead, personally though im about 90kgs, push the bike real hard, and since i have some half decent suspension and know how to ride i dont bend the rims all that much,
anyway its your bike, your hard earned so do what you want and dont have a go at people trying to help you, grow up and listen to people who KNOW what their talking about.

Latest posts

Back