reverse clylinder yzf450 2010

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i see nothing major except they seem to have finally decided to think and make the exhaust really short... reduces some restriction, i guess.

strange, actually, that most bikes ever made have always had the carbie behind the head, and the exhaust out the front....

so this does make some sense...

http://www.mcnews.com.au/Wallpaper/Yamaha/yz450f/2010/YZ450F_2010_WHITE1_1280.jpg
this is a big development . i thought it was a joke when i saw it a few weeks ago
check out mcnews for more details .
its gunna win races if bubba is on it
chad reed will still beat him. i hope
VOTE FOR MY FOTM PLEASE:)
...well Bubba will win on it, even when it have no cylinder:p.....IMO the bike is freaking fugly and time will show if all this things will work out....for Cannondale and VOR it didn't(they had the same idea ten years ago):rolleyes:

i see nothing major except they seem to have finally decided to think and make the exhaust really short... reduces some restriction, i guess.

Yeah it's nothing new, but the shorter exhaust didnt really help it. Fourstroke engines need to be over a certain length, before they work efficiently. Hence the reason "tuned-length" headers work better on your car... Yamaha have had to add length to the header section on the new 4fif, which is noticeable in all the little bends and doubling back of the header... Ugly as sin, but one would hope effective...

...well Bubba will win on it, even when it have no cylinder:p.....IMO the bike is freaking fugly and time will show if all this things will work out....for Cannondale and VOR it didn't(they had the same idea ten years ago):rolleyes:

isnt it hideous The Mountain??!! When it comes to visuals, it looks like they hired the same dude who came up with the "individual" look of the Husqvarnas and X-motos... Who has clearly been drinking a lot since losing his job at husky, and couldnt be assed coming up with any new ideas on how to make a good looking bike look disfigured since spitting the dummy at the Orion/X-moto Factory....
As for whether the bike will work, i said the same thing when it came out... Both Cannondale and VOR bombed and went under when they implemented the same thinking and technology to their bikes... The VOR was a good bike, simple yet brutal, but the Cannondale was definately the "Bike of the Year" that year... Nothing worked, and the big-blocked 440 version of the pig 400, just made a bad bike worse..
However, one would hope Yamaha dropped the coin, and spent the time getting it right, before hedging all their bets on making their flagship something so radically different.. They're yet to bring out a pig of a bike, in it's first model year... eg The YZF400... set the standard for the future in one foul swoop, yet the OG 4-Oh-Oh was and still is a reliable bike, that performed past expectation...
Time shall tell, and if the reports on the weight distribution and ergo layout, Bubba will be able to scrub the living f*** out of this thing... :)

I like it!

I have been down and seen them in the flesh and it looks good!

Most years the manufacturers cop a beat up about the new model not being much different to out going model, well this cant be said for next years yammys.

I always laugh when a new commodore or falcon comes out and I hear the usual Nope dont like it just to see two years later the same people purchasing one.

its a homo's bike lol, for yami's sake i hope it works and they've got it dialed, and if it does work will it be the way of the future, may give other manufactures something to think about

No no Roost, Homo bikes are red in colour. lol.
But yeah, if it's a go-er, then yeah, i think we're looking at the future of engines, and engine management... However that was said back in 98-99 with the Cannonfodder 400MX... guess that's the thing... if they can make it work, it'll stay... mind you, given the time it takes for a completely new model, particularly a radically different one, Yamaha has probably been working on this one for 8-10 years... dirt bikes could be about to go under the next evolution....
hopefully engines wont turn eco-homo (go electric), and the development will be in automated suspension, electrically controlled brakes etc... seems the horsepower race is over, so hopefully companies will concentrate on making the things more rideable... thus creating less skilled riders going faster, the way better car technology has nowadays created speedy drivers, that couldnt drive a greasy stick up a dogs a$$ when it comes to vehicle control.. ha ha!...

I dont mind the look of it...Dosent look half bad, Would prob be even better looking in the flesh!. At leist its not red. Lol, Im intrested to see how it performs...its funny how people judge that on how it looks. Change is always good, Good on Yamaha for putting in the hard yards and producing a different design. That takes balls ( something Honda dont have :p ) i like it, And id love to chuck a leg over it one day. :)
Just my thoughts.
Dan.

lol i didnt say it was bad, i just said it was ugly and looked like a husky. Admittedly the white is an improvement over the blue, but it's still ugly. Modular will date quickly... smooth lines dont.. :)

Yamaha always work on there bikes for years and years before bringing anything new out. Which is why i think they always come out with bikes that dont have "valve issues" etc.

I reckon this thing will be really good, in theory it all makes perfect sense. And i'd say that it works well on the track also, the sneaky Japanese would of been riding this thing for ages getting it just right. It may look a bit weird or like a Husky, but people will start loving it. I hated it at first, now im a fan. The Older clean lines will look....Old. Yamaha couldnt have done anything better right now, with image and function.

yamaha also made the biggest change in inline 4 cylinder road bikes with there 'big bang ' r1 straight from the motogp m1
PLEASE vote for me fotm.

Yamaha always work on there bikes for years and years before bringing anything new out. Which is why i think they always come out with bikes that dont have "valve issues" etc.

I reckon this thing will be really good, in theory it all makes perfect sense. And i'd say that it works well on the track also, the sneaky Japanese would of been riding this thing for ages getting it just right. It may look a bit weird or like a Husky, but people will start loving it. I hated it at first, now im a fan. The Older clean lines will look....Old. Yamaha couldnt have done anything better right now, with image and function.

lol they may not have valve issues but they love lunching gear box's......hhhmmmm i know what i would rather fix :p

PLEASE vote for me fotm.

No. Vote for me instead. Thump FTW. lol.

lol they may not have valve issues but they love lunching gear box's......hhhmmmm i know what i would rather fix :p

See now, that's exactly the sort of comment we've come to expect from you jealous Honda riders Mr Roost. *giggle*
insecurity issues about your red-marked bottom much?

lol i new my comment would get you homo's ranting bahahahaha

I have been holding off for a while but now it's time!! :p

Plastic around the exhaust loop? Nice one Yamaha. Heat transfer to rear shock will be a massive issue. Less performance in the shock, more seals. Not much point if it goes like the clappers but blows your shock all the time. Yet another thing you will have to worry about. Probably after knocking yourself silly.

Take a look what other sites are saying. The future is with Husaberg's 70 degree motor which reduces engine enrtia a hell of a lot more (which is Yamaha's main reasoning for the new motor) and still looks respectable.

What about Yamaha going on for years how good the 5 Valve System was and now they have back flipped and gone to 4?

I gotta a funny feeling this will be an epic FAIL. But we will have to wait and see. At best it will take a couple of years to iron the issues out.

I have been holding off for a while but now it's time!! :p

Plastic around the exhaust loop? Nice one Yamaha. Heat transfer to rear shock will be a massive issue. Less performance in the shock, more seals. Not much point if it goes like the clappers but blows your shock all the time. Yet another thing you will have to worry about. Probably after knocking yourself silly.

Take a look what other sites are saying. The future is with Husaberg's 70 degree motor which reduces engine enrtia a hell of a lot more (which is Yamaha's main reasoning for the new motor) and still looks respectable.

What about Yamaha going on for years how good the 5 Valve System was and now they have back flipped and gone to 4?

I gotta a funny feeling this will be an epic FAIL. But we will have to wait and see. At best it will take a couple of years to iron the issues out.

ya what he said lol

yeah i'm a bit sus on the valve thing too... i thought they kinda figured out, that the 5th valve was why yammies dont spit them? cant remember why exactly, but read it somewhere...
they should have brought the leaf spring rear in years ago when they first tried it... solves part of the shock issue... time will tell i guess.

i think yams wear in valves less because there lighter , needing less spring pressure . as far as going back to 4 vallves per cylinderi think it has something to do with the shape of the combustion chamber , not 100%on that one.
i thought inertia was caaused by rotating mass , not which way the cylinder points ?
aftermarket exhaust lads will have a field day with this one !
i hope catus j has some thoughts on the design?
just hope he dont say 'wish it was red' lol
vote for me fotm [it wins races]

what does catus jack think bout this ?
or anyone else?

^^^yeah inertia, in this respect IS caused by rotating mass... but inertia caused by rotating mass is also effected by the angle and direction of that rotating mass... hence the reason big bore thumper engines have quite a gyroscopic effect on handling... Husaberg and now Yamaha have altered the crank angles, and thus cylinder angles, which in turn effects the angle of rotating mass, to lessen the gyroscopic effect, and the amount of adverse inertia that alters or effects the handling of the bike...
in MV24 terms, they laid the cylinder down, so that when you tip the bike into a corner, the motor doesnt make it harder to lay the bike over...
if you think about it, it's part of the reason a mini is so easy to tip in, aside from being small and light... the horizontal engine, creates longitudinal inertia... (crank n piston goes forwards and backwards basically) and does not effect handling on tip-in, as there is no vertical or lateral inertia, fighting you to lay the bike down... as is experienced on a large capacity vertically cranked motor...

ie: the new Bergs and Yammies would be awesome motard bikes, owing to the reduced vertical inertia, mixed with the need to be able to change direction quickly, and going from laying on one side to the other.... obviously there are many other factors in making a good 'tard bike, but the laid-down motor gives an immediate advantage...
back me up cactus, otherwise it just sounds like i'm making stuff up..

Latest posts

Back