Review: Billet pister pro EZ-pull

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbk

Reaction score
so i decided i didnt like my lever and these pitster pro levers look pretty hot

so i bought one

i have tried a few levers in the past which include:
the better bi fold levers ( Red Folderback Clutch & Brake Levers - DHZ Mini Moto )
crap bi fold levers ( Bi-Fold / Brake & Clutch Lever set..Pit bike, Thumpster - eBay, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 19-Aug-10 20:51:02 AEST) )
ASV copies ( dirt bike asv alloy brake + clutch lever assembly - eBay, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 05-Aug-10 23:48:52 AEST) )
HD levers (HD Alloy Clutch & Brake Levers - DHZ Mini Moto)
TB clutch lever
stock pitster pro levers

the only ones i actually liked were the stock pitster levers and the HD ones the rest i didnt really like but everyone has different tastes to levers

seeing as levers are something your fingers use the whole time i sort of figured you need something half decent again some people will say im retarded for spending 90 bucks on a china lever (woggy lol), i had felt them a few weeks back on Casy's bike which felt amazing

I put some HD clutch springs in my bike which made the clutch feel ALOT heavier than before so when i put the new pitster lever on it was soo easy to pull in

Things i really like about this is that the bi fold spring on it is pretty heavy duty so the lever isnt going to fold back on itself while riding, the absolute billet awesomness of it everything on it is nice and chunky

i have had a crash with didnt bend or anything but dont hold me against it more than likely it isnt bullet proof but time will tell and if it breaks then i will go something like a sunline lever

so im definately going rate this 9/10

while i was at i had access to a decent camera and got some nice close ups..... i compared it to the TB clutch lever

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

i may be mistaken as i haven't looked at mine in ages but that looks fairly similar to the stock 08 motovert pro lever.

BUT i broke my perch in 5min of owning the bike lol silly drunken move that was

Just something to note from my experiences, after putting HD clutch springs in my bike I burnt out a clutch cable every 6 months or so due to the extra force. Not that bad but can be annoying when it goes mid-ride without a replacement on hand

i may be mistaken as i haven't looked at mine in ages but that looks fairly similar to the stock 08 motovert pro lever.

BUT i broke my perch in 5min of owning the bike lol silly drunken move that was

i think the motovert have very similar levers to these??

KDF CNC ALLOY BILLET ADJUSTABLE CLUTCH BRAKE LEVERS GTX - eBay, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 10-Aug-10 23:18:08 AEST)

which if is the case do look very similar besides the pitster one being a bi fold

Just something to note from my experiences, after putting HD clutch springs in my bike I burnt out a clutch cable every 6 months or so due to the extra force. Not that bad but can be annoying when it goes mid-ride without a replacement on hand

did you regulary lube your cable??

cos yer i found i when with my last bike i never cleaned or lubes my cable and went through about 2 or 3 in the time of 2 years

but yer its all part of it i suppose im pretty sure i have spare in the shed

thanks for the input tho

Last edited:
Looks like its made out of the usual cheese alloy . no offence .
with the closeup's , the TB looks of better quality.

And the angles on it are quite flat , as in you pull it in there is no room for any fingers to stay on the bars .. i was just riding my brothers 250 with a sunline clutch ... and will say i wont be purchasing one , awesome quality But i cant keep my fingers on the bars without them getting crushed . (i have the sunline front lever which is awesome quality (bends up/down and side to side) and has awesome bends and feel)

Anyway as you said , i wouldn't spend $90 on a Chinese lever , no way in this world . the lever itself you mite like and will probably last a few crashes , but i will guarantee the perch will go eventually / or both.

The stock pitster levers where the same , i didnt mind them at all and the quality of the levers where fine , but out of nowhere i noticed a nice crack in the perch ... dont even think it was from a crash.

it dosent crush my fingers but you can adjust it for how far you want the lever sticking it i havent crushed my fingers once

im not too fussed if the perch goes cos i couple spare lol

and those stock levers i had on mine were piss weak first drop of the bike and brake was bent like 90 degrees... broke my clutch lever from throwing a mattock while sitting on my bike and the mattok clipped the lever and snapped clean off.... the bike didnt even move

but i will change my rating for the lever it breaks anytime soon

I'd personally be spending the money on a HD perch over the actual lever as the perches bend n break more easily in my experience. (except for the super cheapo bi fold levers - they will break first crash).

The angle on it looks far enough out so you won't crush your fingers.

They should have got rid of all the milling marks at least to make it nice and smooth.

i think they put those 'marks' on there for looks.... and it does look a lot better in person

I'm not sure if they just polish them out or if they use something like shot peening because I don't really know that much about cnc machining. Mill marks cause stress points which will actually weaken the material.

Latest posts

Back