Review: MX vs ATV Reflex

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuts 4 50s

Reaction score
Hey Guys

The game PS3 copy Mx vs Atv reflex

Heres a review on it.

First impressions-
The games menu and garage is set up really well, its easy to use and is very simple. From the start the game has a quality feel about it and you know its going to be a good game. from the start and all throughout the game there is a prompt that helps you. This is great because you dont need look through the instruction booklet everything is explained clearly.

Learning the reflex Controls-

Bike control = Left analog stick
Body control = Right analog stick

This game has now got a new feature, this feature is to provide more manoeuvrability which includes the ability to manuver not only your bike, but you body at the same time. This feature allows for greater control of you and your bike. Master these skills to become a pro at this game. This feature also allows you to perform skills and tricks such as Huge moto whips and scrubs.

Mx vs atv reflex also has a accident prevention feature which enables you to do exactly that prevent the accident. This is a really useful option as you have a second chance to stay on your bike and to keep in the race which may win you a race. This reflex option doesn't give you long to react so you really have to have fast "reflexes".

Vehicles
Mx vs Atv reflex provides a wide range of MX bikes, ATVs, UTVs, Trophy trucks and Sprot buggies. All of these vehicles have to be unlocked and then bought through racing and furture progression as the game goes on.

Terrain and effects
This game provides a great selection of tracks, trails, ramps, hills and jumps, which test your abilities to the max. While these tracks and trails are challenging they are also very fun and provide hours of fun entertainment.

The effects of this game are very realistic. some of these affects are:

Leaving your mark
When riding in sand, mud or soft dirt, you have the ability to shift some earth. Meaning when you are riding you can see where you have gone and also fallen off. This comes into play when riding on a track, every lap ruts are made by you and the other riders. This means that no same lap will be the same, corners change and jumps change making you pick new and faster lines all throughout the race, this effect is much like real life racing.

Shifting dirt can make free riding alot less boring as when you perform a donut the dirt builds up much like in real life, leaving a great big hole in the ground. :)

Graphics
The grafics in the game are very real. When at the start line of a race there are you pit crew members talking to you via radio. This is a great effect and makes you feel like your actually racing.

Summary
Overall this game is very good, with the mix of the reflex feature and the high quality grafics, gives you a great motocross experience. The next mx game that comes is going to have to try pretty hard to top this game. I would highly recomend this game to anyone who likes a challenge.

Hopefully this review gives you a small insight into the excellence of this game.

Last edited:
id give you plus reps but i cant... haha
nice work on the review. ill be waiting to play this next time i come over :D

yeh good game hey but i getting a little bored of it now since ive played it for a week straight lol

more levels and a track editer would have been nice i think

Yeah i was a little dissapointed with that. Its still fun though and the modding choices are fun to do aswell. All up a good MX game.

Latest posts

Back