Riding alone

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniFighter

Reaction score
Hey Guy's.

A guy from my area went riding yesterday on his quad, 20years old and fairly high level of experience. He left at 1ish pm and by 4 hadn't returned. His parents became concerned and reported it to police.
This morning a search was started using the police chopper and dog squad.
His body was found 4k's from where he was suppose to be riding just after lunch time today.

Point of my story is, Dont ride alone and if you really have to make sure someone knows where you are. Regardless of your skill, sht still happens and can happen to any of us.

Take care guys and girls...

MF

good point man i always leave a note or let someone know where i'm going....especially after watching 127 hours!

So is he alive or what. I tend to ride a lot slower when im by my self due to no pressure and im sober. But when im with the boys and a few beers later i think im james stewart chasing down 250fs on a 125.

I and many many others ride alone often , but most of us have the brains to have this onboard

SPOT

thanks for the advice, i never ride alone but i'll remember that

i would quote "especially after watching 127 hours" if my computer would let me highlight.
saw that movie, i deffiantly would of left a note.

cheers :D

yer heard about this today , not good hope he's alright .

generally when someone says "His Body was found" they talk about life in the past tense. I would suggest that the poor bloke fell victim to his injuries.

we have all ridden alone at some point. this just highlights how easily something can go wrong. might have not even been his fault. but we will never know.

RIP Quad guy.

edit, a racer mate of mine was riding by himself, crashed, and died. he was a good racer, highly skilled. probably just thought he was gettin some time on the bike before the next round. hit a square edge on a whoop, and just landed awkwardly. too much pressure on his chest when he landed and he had a heart attack. freak accident.

Last edited:
Yeah boy's, guy was dead when they found him.

Snitchy, cant say ive seen them before? you got one? expensive?

Last edited:
Yeah boy's, guy was dead when they found him.

Snitchy, cant say ive seen them before? you got one? expensive?
been around for yrs , great bit of kit , 200 bucks to buy it 150 a yr for subscription , you can do lots with it , but best of all it will get you help or tell them where your laying , it will work anywhere with direct view of the sky for just about any place on this planet

if you ride alone its the best thing you can have nxt to a mate with you

Did he crash or was it a murder?

Sad to here R.I.P quad rider

no he died from the crash

i always go riding on mine and to be honest most the time i tell someone im going riding but other times no ones home so i dont bother

Plot has thickened somewhat guy's..

Just heard on the radio that the cause of death has changed, its no longer being treated as an accident.
Police believe it was foul play.

While this does change this threads direction somewhat, my main point of it is still a valid point.

thats sad and a bit of a wake up call...
i ride alone nearly every time i go riding and i may bring a radio with me but whats the use of that if your half dead or unconscious?
so for that gps locater thing its 350 bucks for the unit and 12 month subscription? why a subscription? if i had that kinda money just laying around i'd get one but i dont! anything cheaper that does the same job?

R.I.P Quad guy :(
ride on,
james

you need a subsciption to pay for the service provided. which is the relaying of the signal and location.

sorry to thread jack, but this is my bread and butter. the GPS you get from supercheap auto, is really only accurate to about 10 metres. but you cant track where each GPS unit is, that satellite signal is free. you can get more accurate receivers, but the signal is provided by a company, thus they charge a subscription to use their signal. through the service of that company, you can also track where each receiver is. i am not sure what the subscription cost is, but to get a satellite signal accurate to 35cm of your actual location, you are lookin at $2,090. within 10cm of your location $2,585.

edit: i would imagine for what you use this product for, you wouldnt need much more than 10m accuracy, but you would need a service to access the satellite information to relay your position on this big blue planet of ours, to your loved ones back at home. I would say, something in the order of 150 bucks a year would suffice.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back