Riding and crashing stories,the good, the bad and the hideously ugly!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoozo

Banned Wanker of the Century
Reaction score
So we all ride, we've all been to that place. Whats the worst that's happened to you?

The straw that broke the camels back for me on the BMX's was dropping in fakie(backwards) bailing and catching my foot on the masonary in the drain we were riding just perfectly enough that my shoe wouldnt slip and pop went the ankle.

So I actually managed to dislocate my ankle...sounds rather impossible I know but apparently I tore every major ligament and tendon that attaches it to the bone, except the two at the front which were partially intact.

I was looking at the sole of my shoe instead of the top of my shoe, when it happened....I'm talking 160 degrees the wrong way. Thats my worst....Things got better a few years later after 10 weeks in a cast,3 months of bad pain and, not walking properly for over 6 months and at least 18 month until I could run and change directions again.

Bad injuries are part of riding....so whats your worst? Be it the good the bad or the ugly....there is always a good story behind injuries!(this is NOT a cooking or knitting thread)

Last edited:
First time I rode my pit bike with some mates we were following a 4wd track going up and down some rises. On the top of the rises the sand was very soft I come in too hot and over the bars I go and landed on my right shoulder which dug into the soft sand and broke my collar bone. It was a pretty bad break. Went to the hospital the doctor checked over me then started leaning on the shoulder which had the broken bone. I still remember the sound my bone made breaking I thought I had broken my new helmet.

First time I rode my pit bike with some mates we were following a 4wd track going up and down some rises. On the top of the rises the sand was very soft I come in too hot and over the bars I go and landed on my right shoulder which dug into the soft sand and broke my collar bone. It was a pretty bad break. Went to the hospital the doctor checked over me then started leaning on the shoulder which had the broken bone. I still remember the sound my bone made breaking I thought I had broken my new helmet.

Ouch! Yeah Collar bone break easy. They are pretty ok to break from memory not much pain after the first 24hrs, which is always a good thing!

I remember when I did mine I was playing European Handball in PE 2 weeks later in the sling, reminding myself constantly if I'm going to fall over make sure I fall over backwards. I could feel the bone rubbing against itself but no pain. I broke mine right up the top near my right shoulder, mind you its been hurting a bit lately...starting to feel the cold a bit in my old age!

How long was your healing time for that one? I think I was back on the bike in about 8 weeks from start to finish, which really isnt to bad well certainly not as bad as 3-6 months for a bad knee injury or an ankle!

I was off work for 5 weeks. Then went on light duties. It was a nasty break. Mine was about the middle of my collar bone. The bone was close to popping out the skin.

I was off work for 5 weeks. Then went on light duties. It was a nasty break. Mine was about the middle of my collar bone. The bone was close to popping out the skin.

Yeah on of my mates had to get a rod in his! Apparently you cant get your collar bones taken out thats why my doctor said to me when I broke mine, he's like one less thing to break next time you crash...lulz

I actually busted my collarbone on the 'trick jump' in my backyard. Got home from a big DH ride, carved the lip out a bit as it was getting worn down, gave it a try, hit it about 5km/hr to slow(tired) and hit the top of the landing, then the wheel sank into the soft dirt on top, all I had time to do was turn my head to the side and take it in the shoulder from about 6 foot above the lip. I was pissed grabbed the bike and threw it about 10m into some bushes then felt my shoulder tingling....and looked at it, oh crap. Pulled the bike out of the bushed and got all the way to the back door before the pain hit. Then went inside and sat on the couch for a while. May have had slight concussion as well as I didnt have my helmet on :thumbdown:

Well I suppose I'm lucky then. I am yet to break a bone but I have still done some stuff that has gotten me into some pain.s
First stoozo will know about maybe.
Going down cressys climb at the you Yang's DH riding went over one of the larger jumps and basically went on an angle in the air. Once your in that position Yea mate good luck Haha. Anyway to cut things short I skidded around 5-8m on lillydale toppings and over sticks and rocks and a few other things. Got a stick lodged in my upper thigh went bout 2 inches in decent size stick too
Took chunks out of my knee to where I could see the bone and slices and cuts all over.

On pit bikes I have really only pulled my meniscus ligament and that was about 3 weeks ago

Never had a bad stack on a bike, close calls but never a bad one..

Well I suppose I'm lucky then. I am yet to break a bone but I have still done some stuff that has gotten me into some pain.s
First stoozo will know about maybe.
Going down cressys climb at the you Yang's DH riding went over one of the larger jumps and basically went on an angle in the air. Once your in that position Yea mate good luck Haha. Anyway to cut things short I skidded around 5-8m on lillydale toppings and over sticks and rocks and a few other things. Got a stick lodged in my upper thigh went bout 2 inches in decent size stick too
Took chunks out of my knee to where I could see the bone and slices and cuts all over.

On pit bikes I have really only pulled my meniscus ligament and that was about 3 weeks ago

Stop making me cringe mate! Owwwwwwwwww...... I managed to dislodge a tree stump with my forearm once...yep you cant go through that section without braking....Only skin damage that time, but we had tried with the shovel before....maybe the termites got to it a little before my arm did...I have photos of that, will post up when I scan them :thumbup:

Never had a bad stack on a bike, close calls but never a bad one..

I think the first bone I broke was at 17, besides a fractured finger playing footy when I was 12 but I dont really count that one....Plenty of time left for you lad!! :thumbup:

Latest posts

Back