Riding in NSW without rego or license

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailinatorjack

Reaction score
Hello.... first post. So I'm thinking of getting some mx bike, 250. Of course no license or reg or any of that.

I was wondering if it's worth it. I mean I know that you can't ride anywhere in nsw without a license and rego'd bike but I don't want to go through any of that. I want an mx bike, so therefore, no rego.

Are there people out there still that ride at places where there are no cops (or not too many) in forests and places like that? I'm talking about regional parks here, places that are not 'protected' and places where there are no reason why you can't ride except for the government to just say no for the hell of it. Perhaps if you do get caught in these types of places then it's not as bad as if you were to get caught in places like national parks, reserves, conservation areas, etc.

Anyway you can all flame me or what not, it doesn't really matter, I basically just want to know if there are any people out there that do actually ride bikes in places where it's 'illegal' but it's not going to harm anyone and not next to any houses etc. Of course there is a risk of getting caught but maybe people here go to places where cops don't mind because it's in a remote area? I'm in my 30s, and live out near windsor area, curious as to what other people have to say.

Got no interest in boring motorbike tracks either like pacific park. More interested in trails. Maybe also you'd get less hassle from cops if you ride early(er) say in the morning or what not?

So there you have it. I'm willing to take the chance to ride places and get caught but would like to know some possible scenarios of if I was to get caught, bearing in mind that the places I'd ride would be way out remote areas where nobody could give a crap, not your local park.

:D Thanks for reading this fairly big post as well.

don't they have rec reg in NSW? if they don't then I say f@#k it go for it, if they do then why don't you just get it?
the reason they all cream their pants over riding in the bush without reg is firstly so they can make lots of cash $$ but secondly if you crash and break you neck they need to be able to identify you. I ride bush on my pitbike without only because the government thinks I shouldn't have a license and it's just ridiculous having to put lights on a pitbike just to ride in the bush, if they made it easier to get rec reg and didn't ban me from having a license because one of my p-plates fell off then I'd ride legally, but for now F@#K THEM!!

I don't condone riding illegally and I know I'm not a hero, If it's possible to do the right thing and be legal then you should do it.

yeah i cant see the need for all the bullsht with rec rego...
why cant they just make it that you pay your rego and just have a label or rego plate and thats it...fook all the lights and crap..
friggin revenue, thats all it is.

In NSW there is no such thing as a recreational license. If there was then yeah sure I'd get that (and rip off the light/battery/rest of the useless crap - at least if you get caught then the fine won't be as much). But legally you can only ride on licensed tracks and private property.

Well F that. If you're not harming anyone and not riding where anyone can hear the noise and ride responsibly (within reason) then I see no problem with that.

I've been looking on google maps around wisemans ferry area and there seems to be lots of tracks out there in the middle of nowhere with no houses around. I wonder what they'd do if you got caught. I mean if you don't act like a dkhead then they might let you off, and it would be too hard to run because well my car would be parked nearby somewhere. So has anyone been riding out that way before? Are there people that ride in places where they are not hassled at all? Or is that a thing of the past?

Latest posts

Back