Rim Lock

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazle

Reaction score
I went for a ride yesterday and i noticed the back wheel felt strange and swerving everywhere so i had a look and the whole valve had gone and the tire was completely flat will rim lock help? thats what it called aye? lol

So does anyone have a link as to where i can get one

Hi Jazle,

Your not the only one I went for a ride today on my MSO Pro Bike and after a couple of hours riding through the sand, mud, and gravel tracks I noticed that my back wheel was getting a bit unsecure so I checked it out and yep the valve ripped out of the tube and I was left with a dead flat tyre which cut my riding time by heaps. Tomorrow I will probably go down to my local motorbike shop and find out about these rim locks and see if I can get both front and rear locked so it doesn't happen again just when im having fun.

Kind Regards,
Pete

yea thats what i am going 2 do tommorrow go down to the local shop and ask about rim lock see what they know. hope they know what im on about lol

yea thats what i am going 2 do tommorrow go down to the local shop and ask about rim lock see what they know. hope they know what im on about lol

Yeh any bike shop will know what u ur on about.

my bike was destroying inner tubes too so i put rim locks on both rims an know there sweet i can give it full power an it dont rip apart the tube so id say get some rim locks

Does a rim lock actually fit to the valve of the tube or somewhere else on the rim?

Best to position them opposite the valve to balance out the extra weight. I add extra weight to my valve to help balance the wheel. Also while your at it if ya grease up the tyre with dishwashing liquid and water you can spin the tyre on the rim to balance the wheel right up perfect.

yes pascal that is a rim lock you tighten it up an it holds the inner part of the tyre to the rim

Latest posts

Back