rim locks

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They stop the tyre spinning on the rim and causing the valve to rip out of the tube, without it you allways get flat tyres.

They stop the tyre spinning on the rim and causing the valve to rip out of the tube, without it you allways get flat tyres.

discryption is perfect, short and sharp, outcome without them is a little inaccurate though. i have 3 sets or rims, not one is fitted with rimlocks and i am yet to tear a valve.it wont always happen and in my case this is true. whilst they are a good idea they are more used for those that have a lower tyre pressure as the tyre is held in place by bead's alond the tyre and rim and also tyre pressure, lower pressure means the tyre can spin on the rim and if it catches the tube you will tear a valve.

Cheers, Tony.

Last edited:
Hey guys .Just a little technical correction.Rimlocks clamp the inner bead of the TYRE to rim.....It DEFINATELY DOES NOT clamp the tube to the rim[You would pinch the tube in 2 seconds flat doing that !!!!]

We dont want anyone trying to do that !!!

Cheers Brian.............

Hey guys .Just a little technical correction.Rimlocks clamp the inner bead of the TYRE to rim.....It DEFINATELY DOES NOT clamp the tube to the rim[You would pinch the tube in 2 seconds flat doing that !!!!]

We dont want anyone trying to do that !!!

Cheers Brian.............

Oops sorry guys. I deleted my earlier post. I obviously didn't install them :) They have stopped my puncture problems to some extent - I got a thorn through my tyre a few weeks ago and couldn't fn believe my bad luck!

I got thorn through my tyre a couple of weeks ago aswell! :eek:

no shit cow throp will get ya all the time.

i got sick of it and went and bought this white slim stuff to put in my tyres and it works heaps well, stops punctures 3mm in diameter and no shit it works. You can fill about 4 tyres with the recomended amount so thats excellant i think.. its even made so it won't eat at the tube and also bonds to rubber. so all you pocket bike people that have tubeless tyres get some saves a lot of anger.

Latest posts

Back