RM 125, what is your opinion!?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rm250 has been number one on just about every mx shootout since 2004 but everyone has their own opinion. I wouldn't go for a tm, gas gas or husky because parts are dearer and not readily available like the jap bikes. And they wont hold there value as nobody wants them.

I suggest you have a look at a second hand TM or GASGAS before passing comment on resale values,
eg: on resale values according to "THE RED BOOK"

:2006 TM mx125 $2200 less than new price last year
:2006 GAS-GAS mc125 $2295 than new price last year
:2006 RM125 $2890 less than new price last year
You do the math...

Red book is not reliable. It says that a VL SS Group A Sedan 4dr Man 5sp 4.9 today sell between 10k-14k that is completely wrong. It also says that VL Walkinshaws average price is 16k-21k. Rarely does w walkinshaw sell for less then 40k. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/walkinshaw-V...0098564640QQcategoryZ2030QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
48k with 8 days remaining. And to be honest, how many Tm's or gas gas have you seen in real life? I have seen one Tm for sale at a bike shop and have never seen a gas gas in real life. Why? Because nobody has them, not many people want them.

I agree that ur figures are correct but! the prices are based on average km traveled. I doubt very much that a walkinshaw with 475000kms on it would go for more than there stated price of $21800, like the one in the link that u posted had 88000 kms, you can't really compare the two unless they have seen the same sort of miles.
and you can't compare a nearly 20yr old cars resale price to a 1yr old bikes.

I also hate holdens but that walkinshaw on ebay was pretty schmick..
GO THE FORDS :D

I agree that ur figures are correct but! the prices are based on average km traveled. I doubt very much that a walkinshaw with 475000kms on it would go for more than there stated price of $21800, like the one in the link that u posted had 88000 kms, you can't really compare the two unless they have seen the same sort of miles.
and you can't compare a nearly 20yr old cars resale price to a 1yr old bikes.

I also hate holdens but that walkinshaw on ebay was pretty schmick..
GO THE FORDS :D

Oops. Didn't see that it was based on that many K's. But i have never seen a walky over 100,000 kms before anyway. Saw one the other month go for 70k with 70,000 K's on it. There is only two falcons what look good and thats the ba,bf. The rest look like ass especially the au. I would love to have a Ba xr6 turbo.

throw a leg over a euro bike before passing judgement... everybody has some crazy allegance to japanese bikes just like how a lot of people only like holdens or fords...

but hey the proof is in the punch ;)

Luv me fords and I agree with motoluver that the AU is a piece of ass, but can u say that u wouldn't own a XY GTHO pha3.
as for NinetySix and the euro's, hell yeah, give me a porsche or Zonda anyday.
or a TM, KTM,GAS-GAS or huskey

Pfff porshche or Zonda,LOL if i had the $$$ it would b a SLR maclaren!! & that limited edition Husky 510 with the half carbon fibre engine!

the SLR maclaren is a nice ride but I would only see the front of it in my rearview mirror....lol

Just stick with YZ CR KX RM.

I got mi 02 Rm125 the only problem is the clutch slips a bit. won't cost much 2 fix, i got minki carb v force reed block pro circut works ect...very fast bike

not very expencive and top end re builds are cheap as fuk

some threads got pics of it.

i would prefer a xy gt falcon phase 3 anyday over a porsche

why not go ktm 125. in all the reviews on whats the best. ktm have came out on top

KTMs have awesome bikes, awesome 2 stroke motors. But Suzuki RM125 and YZ125 are still up there with the KTM 125. And Jap bikes do not have cheap parts you dick.

Latest posts

Back