Road Bike leathers

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThumpstarBoy

Reaction score
hey,

im looking to get my bike licence and i just want to ask a few questions.

How much am i going to spend for a set of quality leathers? i dont want anything overly flash just something thats "good enough".

also what do you wear in the hot summer days? do you still wear your full leathers?

do yuo wear them every time you go for a ride?

do you were your pants and boots and just a normal shirt or do you alays wer your full leathers?

(serious replys please)

I wear a micro fibre jacket (ixon brand) in summer as it's lighter and has vent sections to let air flow through and mostly just jeans( kevlar jeans are gr8 very wear resistant somthing like dragin jeans. I'm in qld so it's just to hot to wear leathers most of the time. for winter or colder nights i have a leather jacket. if i'm going for a long ride i wear boots (axo slammers) or my motard boots (oxtar rd boots) I do often just wear runners but these are realy very minimal protection. one thing to not over look is gloves get the best you can afford I have dri rider brand in light weight for summer/day time and medium weight for nights. one of the things to look for in gloves is goat skin cos its stronger than cow skin and more suple. I do ride without jacket sometimes but only if i'm just going up the rd from home if i'm going out of town (above 60 k's) I always wear a jacket. I have full leathers for motard and ocasionaly wear them at night on the rd for the warmth. you can pick up some good bargin leathers on ebay i got mine for $250
hope this helps

saber

oh alrite

im always going to wear my boots and leather pants.

and just put on a t shirt instead of the leather jacket in summer

I never go without jacket + gloves but sometimes just wear jeans and shoes. I try to wear my leather pants and road boots as much as possible too but not always practical. I would never wear just a t-shirt and shorts, I have ventilated gear and as long as you're moving it's fine. There's countless times where my leathers have saved my skin on the track and I still get hurt with them on so for me I can't comprehend riding without protection.

full leathers is always good!! but you can also get dragon jeans... they're really good and offer good protection... but never just wear a t-shirt. Always gloves and jacket! Also if you wear normal shoes, don't have anything with laces, or tuck the laces in, you don't want them getting stuck on the gear shifter or footpeg! I know at least 3 people who have and have ended out dropping their bike on their leg... not kool! and would make ya feel like a tool... :)

Latest posts

Back