Rookie looking for riding spots north bris

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new to riding, complete beginner.
I am in possession of an atomik reign Bigfoot 160 (yes I'm aware it's not a true mini and it's a china, I have locktite and all is good)
I'm looking for some spots north of Brisbane that I can go and not annoy anyone and not attract unwanted attention. I just want to concentrate on learning to ride the thing. Not interested in tracks just trails at the moment. I know the limitations in having no rego ect but I'm sure there is some places I can go without getting in the way of the bigger bikes. Apparently they don't like minis from what I have read on other forums. Just want to ride, help a brother out! Cheers.

Hi guys, I'm new to riding, complete beginner.
I am in possession of an atomik reign Bigfoot 160 (yes I'm aware it's not a true mini and it's a china, I have locktite and all is good)
I'm looking for some spots north of Brisbane that I can go and not annoy anyone and not attract unwanted attention. I just want to concentrate on learning to ride the thing. Not interested in tracks just trails at the moment. I know the limitations in having no rego ect but I'm sure there is some places I can go without getting in the way of the bigger bikes. Apparently they don't like minis from what I have read on other forums. Just want to ride, help a brother out! Cheers.

Hey Rookie,
Don't worry mate we won't discriminate against you here, :) there's a good thread on here called Queensland riding spots. Although its got a million pages, read through the first 10 pages or so and you'll find plenty of places to hone your skills.

I recommend you take a trip up to Parklands in Kennilworth it's about an hour n 20 minutes from Brisvegas with plenty of flat ground for you to practice on, and when your feeling up to it a couple of bigger tracks with a few jumps. It'll cost you $30 for the day but well worth the trip/money.

Oh and welcome to Miniriders,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hey Rookie,
Don't worry mate we won't discriminate against you here, :) there's a good thread on here called Queensland riding spots. Although its got a million pages, read through the first 10 pages or so and you'll find plenty of places to hone your skills.

I recommend you take a trip up to Parklands in Kennilworth it's about an hour n 20 minutes from Brisvegas with plenty of flat ground for you to practice on, and when your feeling up to it a couple of bigger tracks with a few jumps. It'll cost you $30 for the day but well worth the trip/money.

Oh and welcome to Miniriders,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cheers man, yeah I will check out the parks ect, do you know of any quiet trails in the forestry ect

Sorry mate I forgot about this thread! :)

Yeah there's a few in the forestry between Caloundra and Strathpine, but you need to be careful. It's very easy to get lost in there. Not to mention its illegal, and its policed in high traffic area's like old Caloundra road. If you do decide to head out anyway, check out this thread.
http://www.miniriders.com/general-chat/37567-must-have-riding-companions.html
A bit of a no brainer but a necessity none the less, and I recommend leaving at least 4 or 5 days to dry out after rain as the 4x4's cut some pretty deep ruts out there and it turns into a big bog hole pretty quick.

Latest posts

Back