round $1000 to spend...what to buy?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmie121

Reaction score
my mate is looking at buying a a pit bike but wants somthing slightly better than an atomik nitrous...what are you thoughts?

yeah ^^^ most will say "get a DHZ, ken is a great bloke and if you say you're from miniriders he might give you a deal"

But I say, look around for a good second hand bike, I saw a 125 Braaap on eBay for 1250 bucks... That would shit all over a DHZ I thinks..

But yeah, EBAY!!!... Don't buy a new bike on eBay though, cause it will be shit, go for a second hand decent bike, MSO, Braaap, Motovert shit like that.... You can pick them up cheap on eBay.

what kind of riding is your mate planning on doing, if hes planning on jumping then he's gonna want something with a decent frame and suspension, if its just casual riding round, then yer either a DHZ or like TyD said a nice second hand bike off ebay thats been well looked after.
And that Braap Tyd posted up is nice, something like that would be the go

you can not get a better brand new bike than a nitrous for $1000.... end of story.... up the budget to $2000 then we talk again....

Last edited:
you can not get a better bike than a nitrous for $1000.... end of story.... up the budget to $2000 then we talk again....

well i agree with you there, but i was just giving him other options since he says he doesnt want a nitrous

thats not True i just bought a mso sr of ebay for $1100 3 rides old in perfect condition

yea forgot to mention, brand new bike.... there's some good bargains on ebay from time to time

thats not True i just bought a mso sr of ebay for $1100 3 rides old in perfect condition

thats a good bargain,
but you wont come across a bargain like that every day.
if he has the patients to wait for a well looked after second hand bike like a braap mso Thumpstar ect, then that would be the go, but rip is right when he says that you wont find a better bike than the nitrous for under 1k

Yep, I picked up my MSO 140S for 800 bucks, with a fox V series helmet, 2 spare sets of plastics with sticker kits, smith goggles and nearly 4 litres of motul oil, and the bike had been ridden on a footy field only for less then 2 hrs. If you can have patience you can get a good bargin..

true good start place though till you decide you just love bikes enough to buy a honda and open your wallet

DHZ is only a tiny bit better than a nitrous, half the power at double the price... buying a dhz doesn't make sense

Finally someone agrees and makes sense!!!

half the power at double the price...

i rode both of them not too long ago and found the DHZ had alot more power in it, we are talking about the 140's yer?
i was on the DHZ, and the nitrous couldnt keep up with me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back