Rules for racing tards?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Worm

Reaction score
What kind of mods do I have to do to my bike to be able to race?

I have heard u need to have 12" front AND rear wheels and a 100ml min fuel tank overflow bottle?
is this correct and is there anything else?

I have 12" front and rear sorted and thats it.... I checked some websites but they dont have much info and the melbourne mini moto club website has been down for weeks.

cheers
Lee

would be best of just calling the mob that runs the events
i know for practice they don't care as much and basically if you think it will go around the track they will let you try........
for your overflow just get a small bottle (plastic juice bottle or something) and zip tie it to your frame, cut a hole in top to poke your overflow hose into and your set. Just make sure the hose is able to breathe otherwise it won't overflow and will flood your engine

Someone said something about using wire to hold the sump plug on... I have NFI how this would work.
When u say "make sure the hose is able to breathe" would drilling a couple of small holes in the hose be ok? Good idea re juice bottle. DIY brilliance haha

ok couple of small holes in hose = bad idea sorry
what i did on my supermotard bike was get bottle (was cordial concentrate 500ml) mounted it upside down so i could remove the cap to drain it, drilled a hole in the centre of the bottom of the bottle bigger then the hoses themselves and poked them in, next to that drilled 2 small holes and ran a zip tie across to pin the hoses down to stop them coming back out.

what i would recommend you do is get a bottle the size you want, drill a hole in the bottom the same diameter as your overflow hose and poke it just into the bottle (like 1-2cm) and glue it in place (maybe hot glue?). Then get another piece of hose and run it upwards and zip tie it to the frame, drill hole and glue it in as before. Doing this should stop the end of the hose getting submersed in fuel in the bottle and also allow the bottle to breate.

If i get time I will do a how to on it soon to make it easier to understand.
Also have a how to make your own peg sliders in the making which may interest you.

Make your own peg sliders sounds good

ok peg slider tute it up
have action shot of same style ones i made for my husky motard
dragging them along the ground at pace so if that didn't kill them I don't think a pitbike will wear threw them all that quick.

Latest posts

Back