Running in new dhz 140, what to do when get out of box

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motoXXX

Reaction score
hey guys as u might no i been looking for a bike for the last 2 weeks and tonight i just one a dhz on ebay for $840 ill pick it up on friday just wanna no what to do when running in how many tanks,how fast etc etc etc

when i get it out the box and put wat needs to go on on the bike what do i need to change the oil the fork oil stuff like that thanks you guys...???

just change the engine oil. make sure you loctite everything that you have to assemble. tighten things like the foot peg mount, front and rear brake caliper, and tripple clamps.

snitchy has made a vid specific to the DHZ 140 for initial completion.

Hey mate congrats on winning the bike.

Everyone has different perceptions or running in bikes, all the "mechanics" reccomend to ride your bike fairly hard. not too hard like giving full throttle.

it seals the piston rings which wwill make the engine go a bit harder.

Make sure all bolts are tight. Warm it up properly, ride it for about 1-2 hours normal riding style. And then change the engine oil. Thats about all really. I haven't loctited a sing bolt and haven't lost a bolt.

i wuldnt reccomend riding it with the shipping oil in.

i use Motul 10w40 thats semi synthetic and has a anti wet clutch slippage additive.

i would ride it with the oil in it do a tank or two then drain the oil. I recommend you get a magnetic oil drain bolt which will collect all the metal deposits of the bike wearing in. if you want your bike to last you run you bike in slow for the first 2 or so tank don't let it hit high rpm ride 2/4 3/4 throttle and also ride in short periods for the first couple half tank. Ride for 10 mins stop let it cool down do that around 3 times then just ride it normal. Everyone runs there bike in different but thats how i was told buy the head mechanic Of K & J Thomas

I just jumped on and ride after i let it warm up enuff, the weak point on these motors is never the top end , you'll kill a gear box long before anything else , just ride it hard and it'll ride hard thats how i broke my motors in, get to full throttle but dont stay there back off , up and down the throttle all the time.... Use standard mineral oils the first few times and then switch to a synthetic if you want.

dose not matter what fuel you use! as for the standard shipping oil it should be fine for the first tank! make sure to buy a decent brand chain. . .

and another thing, when you go to get the bike, pick up a spare throttle cable and clutch cable there $15 or there around. . . and ive had broken clutch cables within the first week of having a pitty

crazzy what do you mean any fuel mate

unleaded is no good for small engines mate
id use only prem fuel as it has a higher octane and fires better
ask graham what they run like on unleaded <<<<<sh+T

normal unleaded works fine for me. . .

on another note a new chain is a must! if you dont replace it you could (could not will) destroy the teeth on the main drive that the smaller cog sits on (what ever it is called)

Latest posts

Back