Running in?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To Quote from the usermanual that will come with most chinny bikes

Breaking in your Motorcycle
The first hour of operation on your new motorcycle is designated as it's "break in period".
Make sure you warm up the engine for afew minutes prior to operation.
During this period do not accelerate in a rapid manner.
Arfter one hour of easy rideing your new motorcycle will be ready for regular use
thats what they say hehehe

ok, so i guess thats the right way!

To Quote from the usermanual that will come with most chinny bikes

Breaking in your Motorcycle
The first hour of operation on your new motorcycle is designated as it's "break in period".
Make sure you warm up the engine for afew minutes prior to operation.
During this period do not accelerate in a rapid manner.
Arfter one hour of easy rideing your new motorcycle will be ready for regular use
thats what they say hehehe

so im guessing thats the right way? either way im gonna wack some fresh oil in it when i get it haha :D

hey just drop some fresh oil dump the shipping oil and go ride it

thats all i ever done with all my small engines and they all go fine
ever hear of running in a lawn mower hehehehe

i flogged mine and zac just rode his as normal and both bikes run the same

Lol thankgod someone uses 20w 50 haha thought i had stuffed my engine , coz lost of people say use 10w 40 cheers motoxxx .. sigh of relief !

ok, i just went down to MCA (place that sells all moto accessories etc) and the guy there told me that

i should run the china oil for a good couple hours, then after while the engine is still warm, drop the china

oil and put some semi-synthetic oil in. He reccomended Motul 5100 10w50, so i ended up buying that.

is that goin to be ok for it, or should i buy some mineral and put it in before i ride it and use it for the first

few oil changes, then wack in the semi synthetic?

Last edited:
id run a couple of changes of just mineral then wack in the semi synthetic but im just gunna use mineral oil all the time what is the advantages or semi synthetic guys...???

ok, i just went down to MCA (place that sells all moto accessories etc) and the guy there told me that

i should run the china oil for a good couple hours, then after while the engine is still warm, drop the china

oil and put some semi-synthetic oil in. He reccomended Motul 5100 10w50, so i ended up buying that.

I bet that guy only told you that so he makes money. I've said it a million times before, you don't need the best and most expensive brand of oil.

is that goin to be ok for it, or should i buy some mineral and put it in before i ride it and use it for the first

few oil changes, then wack in the semi synthetic?

Sidney, that wasnt the question, weather or not to get the best or worst oil, the question is what i stated above ^^^^

hey dude ,
when i got our pitpro's all i did was run the bike for 10 minutes to get it warm and then dumped the china oil out of it ,
then i put maxima 10/ 40 in it then after another hour of runing them i dumped it again ,
THIS IS JUST THE WAY I DO THINGS WHEN I GET A NEW BIKE FOR THE KIDS OR MYSELF SO I DONT MEAN THAT YOU HAVE TO DO IT THIS WAY ,
in my eyes oil is cheap and a motor rebuild is more expensive ,
then after 2 hours i dumped it again , , you will find that you will get a lot of bronzey and aluminium flakes and particles come out from the motor as all the parts wear in , specially shit from the clutch plates , good luck
bikes are still running sweet as after 7 months now , touch wood :D

sorry guys but to put you all to shame
i mate of mine left his out of the box oil in his agb 27 for at least 12 months the thing got kaned it got drowned you name it it happened
and the thing still runs sweet he changed the oil for the first time bout 6 months ago
and it runs like a dream
this is no word of a lie

so stop taking this topic so seriosly but maybe dont take it as far as my mate did

go and ride already

Went back to MCA, and swapped the oil for some Motul 1000 20W50

so now im gonna run the china oil for one tank drop it and put in the 20W50

the blokes said that'd be sweet as and everything will run smooth

yeh mate sounds good thats the way i did it 1 hour oil change and then all done

oi also, while i was at the shop today they only had 10W40 in semi-synthetic, is this the type of 10W40 everyone else uses, or do they use full mineral 10W40?

Full mineral is best especially when running in.Might sound strange but the guy who i bought my bike from,who is a race engine builder and former motocrosser for about 30 years,told me to use the following oil mixture:
A 50/50 mixture of valvoline XLD 20w50 mixed equally with valvoline LO-VIS
10w30.
Ends up being close enough to the 10w40 stuff and costs for the 20w50 about $10-15 and for the 10w30 about $30.So for about $40-$45 you get 10 litres of oil instead of 5litres for $40-$50.
I've been running this oil for about 2 months(the life of the bike so far)and have had no problems what so ever.If your on a budget or just prefer your money to be in YOUR pocket give it a try.

Last edited:
Full mineral is best especially when running in.Might sound strange but the guy who i bought my bike from,who is a race engine builder and former motocrosser for about 30 years,told me to use the following oil mixture:
A 50/50 mixture of valvoline XLD 20w50 mixed equally with valvoline LO-VIS
10w30.
Ends up being close enough to the 10w40 stuff and costs for the 20w50 about $10-15 and for the 10w30 about $30.So for about $40-$45 you get 10 litres of oil instead of 5litres for $40-$50.
I've been running this oil for about 2 months(the life of the bike so far)and have had no problems what so ever.If your on a budget or just prefer your money to be in YOUR pocket give it a try.

fair enough mate, btw, very nice MTB's in your signature! i gotta STP zero aswell =]

I've been running this oil for about 2 months(the life of the bike so far)and have had no problems what so ever.

lol

So what problems would ppl be getting if they didnt use "the right oil"... U could use olive oil and u probably wouldnt have any problems for ages!

Just use whatever, seriously..... as long as its motorbike oil... mixing oil is a complete waste of time and effort.... they are just crappy chinas after all!

fair enough mate, btw, very nice MTB's in your signature! i gotta STP zero aswell =]

cheers mate best bikes i've ever ridden,hoping to get some pics up soon,only had glory for about a week but its a bike that fits like a glove instantly,i reckon i could do any track faster than on my old bike already

lol

So what problems would ppl be getting if they didnt use "the right oil"... U could use olive oil and u probably wouldnt have any problems for ages!

Just use whatever, seriously..... as long as its motorbike oil... mixing oil is a complete waste of time and effort.... they are just crappy chinas after all!

Mixing is definitely not a waste of time especially if it works out at about half the cost,by the time most guys have bought their 8th 5litre oil i've saved enough for a new engine if the worst was to happen.Anything thats saves decent amounts of money aint a waste of time

Latest posts

Back