running problems

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaron.blake

Reaction score
i have troble with my bike....
im getting it ready for the hunter jam
and it cofs and splutters when i open the
thottle... its realy bad wen its cold, i even have troble
taking off in 1st... can anyone give me some advise?
im going to pull my carby off and clean it tomorow i think
anything else?
cheers

I just bought a Atomik Prox 140cc Bigfoot of a mate who has rid it about 6 times, has not been fully run in yet. I am having the cough issue like your self when on throttle changing gears, and it's also hard to find the Neutral. Will running it in solve this problem. Sorry for hi jacking!

Borey

yeah no worries i pulled the carby appart and cleaned it yesterday and put it back together and mucked around with it a bit and got it running on i think i may have to do with the fuel in my tank =S it was realy shitty im going to change it today... it was working fine when i was away so may just be the fuel

vx2dy4 where do you live? i might be able to help you... pull apart your carby and clean it there are a couple of vids in the tutorial section that can help and then just fiddle with the settings

ok figured out what the problem was i spent hours fucking around with carby settings etc and i took the spark plug off and the top of it was all dam and shit with water =S so i changed it and just went full throttle up the street wooooo!!!!! hahah

Hey Aaron, I'm from Melbourne. I heard something about Air/Fuel Mixture Screw. My bike tends to pop a lot on idle. When i go to ride it and i let go off the throttle it coughs or jerks. Even when changing gears. Help me out please =]

Latest posts

Back