Running Rich or Spark Plug?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliotcocofishing

Reaction score
Hey, I had a review for my new DHZ 150 monster, great bike, pops wheelies in 4th gear.

Anyway, when I fired it up today, I noticed smoke coming from exhaust, previously owning other 4 stroke (200cc pit bike, CRF250R) i know you shouldn't be able to see smoke from exhaust.

Anyway I just took it easy and ran it in, peformed fine.

I took it home and a mate wanted to hear what it sounded like, so I turned it all on, then tried to kick it, it didn't start, i did the spark plug test against the engine, there was no spark.

I also noticed part of the spark plug was bent, It was about a 30degree bend (see picture)

sparkcircle.jpg

(circled area is bit that bent)

Does that bend matter? It has happened on the NGK plug it came with, and the Denso plug that stopped working today.

--------------------------------

If it the rich running engine that matters, please tell me how to make it run leaner.

If it does matter that the plug is bent please tell me.

Thankyou, Elliot

runing richer is safer jst use it like that

wif the bent plug if it not sparking it broken get a new one...... staying that i have seen a few bent there and they still work u may jst be unlucky

mabye the spark plug lead is to short or something and its pulling on the plug when the suspension moves and bending it. i dunno... ive never had that happen

thanks for your help, but if i keep it rich, i have to get a new plug each ride, not expensive, just inconvinient, but the cost does add up...

Latest posts

Back