S & S FMX Coaching - Anyone can ride!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the snitz

Reaction score
The world's first dedicated Freestyle Motocross Coaching facility at S & S FMX Coaching is about to open and this is your opportunity of a lifetime to join up to receive coaching lessons for the very beginner up to a professional rider.

The course is located in Boonah, Queensland (about an hour from Brisbane and the Gold Coast)

Matt 'Schuie' Schubring has opened his Boonah property up to host the coaching facility and is excited to put back into the sport that has given him the professional career for the past 8 years. Schuie has been one of Australia's leading riders for all that time and continually voted the most respected rider in Australia. Schuie has been the longest serving Australian rider on the Crusty Demons world tours and the first rider to secure a Factory Freestyle sponsorship with Team Motorex KTM.

Steve Sommerfeld is the author of the "Ultimate Guide to Freestyle" book which was released last year which includes guides on all the biggest tricks in FMX and how to get into the sport. Steve also created the first freestyle mx coaching in Australia at the FMX Academy in 2006 which helped form some of the pro riders in Australia today.

S & S FMX Coaching is the safest possible FMX set up with ramps starting at 35 feet with a full tabletop downramp, to 65ft and 75ft tabletop downramp. If you've never hit a ramp before this is your chance to see what it's like and if you are wanting to learn new tricks or build a career in FMX, then S & S FMX Coaching is the one stop place to become a Freestyle MX rider.

And don't think that you're too old to start! Last week we had Boonah Carrying's owner Gary Faulkner who is 45 years old jump his first ramp and loved it. He can now ride the ramps with his 13 year old son. So it's definitely a fun family activity.
Gary was so impressed he even sponsored the S & S FMX Coaching with a Wall-Ride, Shelter for riders from the sun and also the use of his loader for construction.

When:
Next Saturday! (August 15th 09)

Boonah
Queensland, 4310.
(Matt Schubring’s property)

Coaches:
Matt Schubring
Steve Sommerfeld
And special guest coaches occasionally.

Course:

Two (2) purpose built freestyle motocross training downramps have been constructed and will feature Australian competition standard ramps, provided by ARD. The ramps will all be constructed the same with dimensions of 9.1 metre radius, 2.6 metres high and 6.1 metres long.

Jump ‘A’ has been built with utmost safety in mind with a tabletop downramp the entire length of the jump for both 60 feet (18.3 metres) and 75 feet (22.9 metres) which are designed on standards in the industry for amateurs and professionals respectively.
The tabletop downramp means there is a constant level of dirt from the start of the up-ramp to the down-ramp.
The ramps will be placed at 60 feet and 75 feet and will not be moved from their positions.

Jump ‘B’ has been built with flexibility and safety in mind with a tabletop downramp that is constantly 35 feet long. There will be 3 ramps that are used on this jump: one ramp will be placed at 35 feet and will not be moved. Another ramp will be placed at 50 feet but is able to be moved in and out to allow riders to gradually build up confidence to jump bigger and bigger. And another ramp will be placed at 75 feet and will not be moved.

At the end of Jump ‘B’ there is a one metre high berm (corner) that allows riders to reduce their speed from the jump and turn after landing the jump. It covers the entire width of the training course at the southern end which also acts as the boundary for the training facility. No one is to ride on the other side of it.

At the end of Jump ‘A’ there is a Wall Ride feature. It is a specially modified shipping container with plywood sheets covering the entire length of the side facing the jumps. It is used for riders to jump and land sideways on and ride out of safely. It is designed to be jumped on slowly with minimal impact and much less chance of injury. The wall ride is a new feature in many Freestyle motocross events and it is of importance to teach riders the fundamentals of jumping this object before they see it at competitions.

In between Jump ‘A’ and Jump ‘B’ there is a Fun Box. It is a specially built 6 metre box that the rider jumps on to and performs front and rear brake skills training. This is also another object that is featuring in freestyle motocross events and is a must for building the skill level of riders.

Numbers of participants:

There will be a maximum of 5 riders per coach at any time. There are 2 seperate jumps set up and riders will be allocated a spot as to which set of jumps they are capable of jumping.
So a maximum of 10 riders are allowed per session of coaching. This allows coaches to adequately assess all riding and keep a big enough gap between riders jumping as to not allow for collisions and other unforeseen problems.
Morning Session goes from 8:30 - 12:00
Afternoon Session from 1:30 - 5:00
This allows time for scrutineering, so you need to be there on time so we can get through it quickly and into the coaching which is the real fun stuff!!

Price:
$200 per session (morning or afternoon session)
or $350 for the full day.

Coaching Days:

We aim to run the coaching on Saturdays. We are going to work on once a month when we have numbers and depending on how many people sign up, it could be once a fortnight or even once a week.
We'll also do different coaching clinics for the School Holidays.

We're hoping to run the first one next weekend (15th August) if you wish to be at that one let us know

Unfortunately I can't upload the Entry form, please email me for one.

If you would like to come along, email me at [email protected] We'd love to see you there for our opening day next Saturday! It's going to be a heap of fun and there will actually be somewhere to ride in South East Queensland.

SSFMXCoaching_-_Logo_wings.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Wogtaz!

And we're going to put together packages for people who live too far from the facility!

We want to work with the local motel's, food places etc so we can put together a package so you come for a longer period and get more out of it to come so far!

Cheers

Steve

OMG!!! THIS IS SOOOO SIKK!! :)

If this is still Running in December 09 - jan 2010.. i'd love to go over and check this out!

Man i wish i was in australia right this second!!!!

Is this only for Full size Mx bikes i take it?? I'll only have the LXR i could use, unless i didnt buy LXR and got a 250 4stroke KXF or sumit instead.

They should definately have a fulltime FMX mini's course and teach people on them...because its less dangerous and the bikes are soo flickable it would push you to try new stuff etc.

God its near brisbane too.... i just cant wait!!

has anyone been yet?? what was it like?? anyone got pictures??

i feel like a kid at christmas! ;)

Tom :)

Latest posts

Back