SA 50's RACING JUNE 22ND

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcanix

Reaction score
It's on again June 22nd at Grasslands

This is the start of the series as the last event was cancelled. Points will count for the series with winners to take out state title at the end of the series.

Dash for cash will be on as well. A new event that is a handicapped so any rider can win. $5.00 to enter winner takes all.

Pre Race nominiations are required so we can cater for BBQ and sort out the classes and trophies.

For more details contact the club Sec on 0437734382 or go to the clubs web site.

S.A.M.B.R.A

hey mcanix i wont be at the racing im gonna go 2 jams an get some flat spots in my rims an a carby full of sand that will be heaps mor fun than riding on a proper 50 track bahahahahahahahaha

i know im gonna cop shit but i have had a fishing trip to yorks planed for that weekend since last month! i will be at the social ride day on the 6th of july though

Oh Yeah

Hey the changes to the track are great and I cant wait to get back out there and race on it. It will be good to meet all you new guys and we hope you all enjoy the work and effort that a few have done for the enjoyment of many. Remember to bring food and drinks as its a bit of a trip to the nearest shop!! A BBQ lunch will be free to racers on the day. Im sure you will all have a great day as the racing is as competative as you make it and mostly all about having fun.

I hope you catch heaps of fish Mitz your gonna miss a great day.

The tracks great now alot less dust and some new jumps and birms. Hope to see lots of people out there.

OK just a quick note on todays race at Grasslands;

If you've been wanting to see some good 50's racing in SA today was the day. Ideal weather and a great turn out including a couple of gun riders from Vic making the trip across the border showing some great speed and style on stock 50's......well done guys...
The smallest grid was 5 whilst the largest classes were the open and the Honda 50/mod classes with full grids. Also a good number in the Am/Vets group with more to come out next time from the talk around the pits. Many onlookers were supprised by the amount of competitors and the quality of the racing and from watching the heats everyone looked to have a good time. All with the added bonus of an injury free event.

We held a new event for the first time the dash for cash. Basically a flying lap time is recorded and competitors start according to their lap time in heats of 4 per grid with winner moving through to next round. The fastest lap was recorded by Axle an even 1 min whilst the slowest lap was from one of the older less experienced riders Big Joe a 1:28. This event is all about consistant lap times and as Joe proved on the day Constancy is what its all about as Joe went home with the money.

We have some good pics and some good video of the day also and will post this up later in the week along with results and points tally for the riders...

A big thankyou to all who helped the day be what it was, Flag Marshals for their time and effort, Our newly crowned BBQ/Catering officer for the free riders lunch, Dave for the excellent venue and all the crew who made the effort to come out and support the meet. With results and efforts like we had today I would think that there will be many more events to come. Thanks also to the guys from Northern Motorcycles for supporting us and helping out around the pits. Club sponsors Motul & SA Fun Bikes for the trophies.

Well Done to everyone see you all soon at the next social ride day July 6th

Last edited:
Thanks again, was a good day with great atmosphere over there in sa. Look forward to gettin back over and hopfully a few others will travel up and get behind a great club.

hey guys thanks for the ride was a good day, very fun track was very impressed. good to see someone having a go so we are keen to come back and support the club. hopefully a few more from vic way will follow. peace

hey yea it was the best days racing ive had in ages. im so sore today raced way to many races but still fun. hey thanks for comin over from vic for the race.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back