SA. Pt Elliot Pits, pocket bike racing

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geezus18

Reaction score
Hey fellas,
anyone goin out tonight to the pits for a ride or a watch. I know i am ill be pimpin out in my mums car (bytes4) with the video camera crankin! come over and say hi..and let me have a ride :p

I was talking to the owner about pit bike motard racing and he siad its a definate possiility. He need to see how the public react to the pocketbikes and go from their. The bikes have to be quietened to 96 decabels to be legal to rode there (they let it up to 106). So im guessing some kind of baffle or extra muffler will be needed. also slicks and an oil/fuel catch can. Hope it all goes good..id love to get the knee down on the pitty lol :)

catch ya, Michael :)

2 pics of mates bikes from tonight!

P1020647640x480.jpg

P1020644640x480.jpg

Im spewin I didnt go down other night, but I should be down there as soon as my Bike finished, And Will for sure be down there on MotoVert when they are ready for us motards.. :)

I gota say That getting your knee down on Motard feels Great... Its really really good fun.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

heres some dodgey footage i whipped together of tonite..excuse the quality i had nightshot cranking and it brings it down a bit...
YouTube - pocketbike racing, Pt. Elliot Pits, SA

...:::Next meeting will be Tuesday June 5th, rock up anytime after 7pm till late (10 buks for as long as you want, minumum 3 hours):::...

Last edited:
Michael i left @ 8:15pm, got there at 6:30,

where you there with a dog????

i couldnt find anyone with a camera going!!!

i was there with my 3 year old son, he was wearing a MXcross Beanie,

Cheers

Hey Pitmaster & Geezus18.Great footage there !!..The rider on bike 6 in the orange leathers is my daughter Morgan she is only 13 and rides Pocket bikes and Pitties and beats all the boys normally !!!.The fist pic shows another of my sponsored riders Keir Doe in the Blue /White leathers giving some pointers to his son Simon who is new to pocket bike racing.I am the ugly goose with the Polini cap/Green jacket on next to my open Comm Station wagon talking to some buddies.I Didnt know you were there guys you should have come over and said Hi !!
We had a ball riding at the Pt Elliot pits again last nite !!
Gerald the track owner is keen on the idea of running Pitbikes on the track But getting the bikes down below 100 decibels is a must !!!.The track sign/girder that straddles the track main straight at about 3/4 point is too low and is a safety risk for Pitbike riders.Gerald is thinking possibly lifting it higher or removing it altogether.Hopefully Gerald will be running Sat arvo rides which will make things less of a rush/hassle for us "Townies"!!!

Ps .Pt Elliot Pits ride times are currently 6pm till 9pm !!

Cheers Brian

Last edited:
Hi Brian, next time ill try find you and come say G'day,

was a top night, cant wait to get my own soon:D maybe even by next meeting:)

yeah i saw your daughter racing, shes quite good, plus there was a little girl maybe 7 or so, that was giving her bike a great run!

Cheers

Hey guys, i rocked up just as you were leaving i spose Paul..i got there just after 8 :p
The little girl on the pocketbike stacked it just after i got there..and yer Morgan your daughter is a fair gun. I was wondering what the little blue flickers on the bikes are as they get a wrist full out of corners?
I was talking to my mates about that pole thingy on the straight and i thought it would be fair dodgey!

Riding at the pits was a blast!
Thanks again Brian for taking me and helping me change my gearing.
I only appear once or twice in the video, wearing a green pilots jacket riding a cag with black fairings #91.

Hi guys,

i now have got myself a racer:p see yous all out on the track next meeting:D

70cd_1.jpg

haha kewl..how much it coast ya?
i was thinkin about buying a crap one and just thrashing it!

$150:D

Brian (maylands) are fibreglass reeds considered a "mod" ???

also it has the timing key mod, is that a good idea to be running? or is it just gonna stuff the engine?

michael bring ya helmet new tues and you can ride it if ya want:D

Hi Pitmaster.

Box Stock Class:The bikes engine and exhaust cannot be modified in ANY way!!!..You may change the chain and gearing.

Air/Cooled STD Class:Timing key,Performance exhaust,Fibre/glass reeds,Porting,Chain & Gearing changes allowed

Air Cooled Elite: Open class Hi-Comp cylinders,Euro engines,big carbies,PMT Slicks etc etc ,whatever your wallet can handle !!!!!

Ps.We all use Advance timing keys,Fibre glass reeds in our modified engines !!
We look forward to seeing you out on the track next time Dude !!!

Hope this helps
Cheers Brian

Thanks for that Brian:D

well primer is all finished, and just doing a dummy fit:) still dunno what colour to do it yet???

P1020653640x480.jpg

spray it commodore green (like on the vy's onwards) that would be pretty sick!
id bring my helmet but then id have to pay 10 buks just for a few shots...o well, thanx anyway! :)

its been annouced that

"2nd of June we will be running practice meets on alternate Saturday evenings from 5pm til 9pm"

thats at Pt Elliot pits:D

what a perfect way to spend a lazy sat arvo at the pits;) :D

Woohoo thats great news !!!.Tueday nites are a blast but its a killer getting back to Adelaide and into bed at 12 or later !.Many more riders will drive on down to Pt Elliot Pits now !!.I reckon it will be a good oportunity to drop in at the local pub for a quick frosty and a meal on Sat nites as well..

Pitmaster you do realise that as soon as you give the little beast a paint job it is then doomed to be dropped and trashed the 1st ride !! It Happens everytime Dude!

Cheers Brian

the new VE commodore purple... MORPHEOUS is awesome!

ford BA falcon blue... BLUEPRINT

the green in commodores is called HOTHOUSE

Goolwa is a bit far but i work at autobarn eliz and we can make up basiacally any colour in a tin from 100ml to 4l and even spray cans!

Latest posts

Back