Sam's 3 valve build.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam93

VIC MR Ride Day Organiser
Reaction score
Okay so I bought a Motovert 3 valve a few months ago and thought I should liven her up a bit.
Here is a picture from when I bought it:
10erstock2.jpg
[/IMG]
Yes it is a bit weathered I know.

After having a good go over and a good trail ride I knew it needed:
-Tyres / tubes
-Clutch
-Bars
-Tank
-Throttle
-Bash plate as I cracked the stock one trying to hop logs.
-Sprockets (better gearing)
then I just wanted
-New plastics/sticker kit
-Frame
-Coloured brake lines
-New bolts
-Chain
-valve caps
-head covers
-billet pegs
-billet rear brake lever
and a few more bits.

So i started with it, changed the clutch to a new ducar 125 clutch and now works a treat no slip!
Old clutch:
IMG_0572.jpg
[/IMG]
New clutch:
IMG_0575.jpg
[/IMG]

Then bought a reinforced 50 style frame with cradle and got it powder coated bright blue :b_grind:
Before powder coating:
IMG_0609.jpg
[/IMG]

Cant find an after pic yet I will keep looking later.

So started buying all the parts got most of them now,
Still have Faster mini billet engine covers in the mail, A yelllow NGK sparkplug cable, and some thing else cant remember.

So the final list I have got so far is:
Bridgestone rear tyre,
EK chain,
Innova front tyre,
Bridgestone tubes,
CNC rear brake lever,
Blue rear brake line,
Tank,
Plastics,
Sticker kit,
POSH (PIECE OF **** THROTTLE)
Rims 12" Front and 10" rear,
Pro Tapers With renthal grips,
Tyre valves,
Polish
Polishing bit
Engine covers
Frame
CNC pegs
Kawasaki 650 front master cylnder
Fastace rear shock
Swingarm
GO kart fuel line

And i still want to work the motor and get new forks.
Thinking the AHP 52.4mm high comp piston, and a port job and a keihin or oko flatslide would liven it up a bit more! And not sure on forks yet thinking weston forks, or as02's, as01's. which ever i can get at a good price!

Aw and a new seat cover sano or something.

And here it is now:
P1010184.jpg
[/IMG]
P1010187.jpg
[/IMG]

Might include some more info and how i did stuff later (missus is making me go out)

Last edited:
very nice i like it, like it a lot.. well done :hump:

digginh the blue frame for sure

Thanks guys, Cant wait to get it finished, Took it for a big trail ride yesturday and the handling isnt to crash hot at the moment, think getting new forks will make a big improvement and the engine power will help. Ill get some pics of the engine work once i order it.

P1010194.jpg
[/IMG]

Need to order a new throttle the posh one is rubbish. Thinking just a black or grey billet 1/4 turn with a braided cable.

New engine covers from faster minis shouldnt be far away :D

Thanks buddy, cant wait to finish it off.
Still got a few things to go, going to slow down a little bit for now, been spending all my pay haha.

Thanks man :) Just got some fastace forks as well should be posted next week!

Faster mini billet engine covers have arrived just neeed to powder coat or paint the centre tappet cover black. Ordered push button killswitch yellow ngk cable and something else

Got some engine enamel today to paint the rocker cover just waiting for it to dry...

IMG_0668.jpg
[/IMG]

painted cover and decided to paint flywheel cover to

IMG_0670.jpg
[/IMG]

Will have a pic of the new covers on tomorrow have to wait for the rocker cover to dry...and do valve clearance.

Here is the engine now, fasterminis covers with the other covers painted and flywheel cover painted.

IMG_0677.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks soooo much better! Nice job! Oh heads up my powder coated engine bits are chipping hardcore! So be careful with them!

Thanks rach the pic doesnt do it justice!

Really? Mine has been good so far, only had one ride but had to scrub the hell out of it being covered in cow s h i t and its alright, Hopefully itll be okay.

yeah maybe the purple aint as strong as the black. only chipped on my cam cover not the valve covers. but yeah will see how it goes. It's such a small bit if it turns to crap I will just get it done again!

Latest posts

Back