Save Black Duck Valley

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
me and 3 of my mates signed

even if we dont live near there or even use it we think that ppl in the area need places like that

Thanks for that , thats true i havent been to black duck but in th future i would like to go.............. keep it open !!

Thanks for that , thats true i havent been to black duck but in th future i would like to go.............. keep it open !!

you mean "re open it!"

just found this on FMX
-------------------------------------------------------------

Family claims park cover-up
16th December 2008

THE operators of Black Duck Valley have come under scrutiny from a family member who claims they brought the closure on themselves because they failed in their duty of care.

Jennifer Diete, the daughter-in-law of the park's operators Greg and Kate Diete, also said insurance companies had offered to insure the park this week but the owners had not accepted any offers as they had put the park up for sale.

Mrs Diete said she had in some sense had a falling out with the family in recent times because she was trying to make them see where they had gone wrong operationally.

“The closure of the facility was in fact nothing to do with the government or because insurance was unable to be sourced due to the nature of the activities being undertaken at the facilities,” Mrs Diete said.

“What provides further disturbance is the absolute ignorance of the owners and manager of Black Duck Valley towards what their responsibility and duty of care was to patrons operating in such a facility.”

Mrs Diete said there were videos on Utube and MySpace that illustrated “unsafe practices” that the operators of the park had condoned.

In one video the girl standing with an alcoholic drink watching a motorcycle demonstration was providing first aid during the day.

In the second video, a couple of riders perform stunts while on a motorcycle with minimal clothing.

Speaking with the owners and their son Andrew Diete yesterday, they said they had done “everything in their power” to ensure the safety of people using the park.

“In both videos they are demonstrations by pro-riders. It was our procedure to have at least one staff member present throughout demonstrations,” Mr Diete said.

He also said that the riders were wearing helmets, gloves and boots.

“They are professional riders and what they plan on doing during their jumps is up to them,” he said.

Mrs Diete said in the past week, two insurance companies were willing to insure the park under a different name and management, however, the operators weren't interested.

Locals have begun a petition on Facebook called Save Black Duck Valley, which already has more than 1600 signatures.

Their hopes may be answered as the park is now for sale.

cheers .. but i also heard there selling the property in like 3 different sections... and they were pretty quick to make that decision so maybe they did have it all planned ? ..... o well we ca only hope a Moto rider will buy it and continue it on!!!! because if its true they will get insurance easy...

every person ive ridden with know that rides or is in my msn that rides even my mates from america have signed

Thanks everyone. I have been trying to get around to all the forums and thank everyone for signing the petition. But we still need more! Please send the link to everyone in your address books!!

Save Black Duck Valley Petition

There is also a group on facebook SAVE BLACK DUCK VALLEY, you can be kept up to date with all news BDV there!!

Thanks again
Chris & Andrea

hum hum. no one will insure them because there were 3 deaths at the park in 3 years i think it was 2 4x4's and 1 moto how ever i have never been but i live on the gold coast in gld about 3-4 hours away apparently some crazy b**!h sued them and that y it shut down

Last edited:
hum hum. no one will insure them because there were 3 deaths at the park in 3 years i think it was 2 4x4's and 1 moto how ever i have never been but i live on the gold coast in gld about 3-4 hours away apparently some crazy bitch sued them and that y it shut down

mate watch your langage you can get banned for that stuff just fill in some letters with symbols, like:!@#*

it's such a shame BDV closed never went there myself but heard it was great.

it was abit crazy a few years back apperently some one fell off and killed themselves or hurt themselves but it had a condition of entry "practise safe riding the park cant be responsible for injury or death it is riders/drivers responsibility to practise safe use" i use to live in toowoomba and i had an xr100r always wanted togo there but but instead use to ride around thru mcenzie frenzie downhill mountain bike track. could never get there didnt have a ute or no friend with trailer or anything but yea awesome place they had ramps mud trails trials and lots of good bits and pieces

they r up to 5011 signatures still i think its a little too late now ive been to bdv myself great place its a shame its been closed down

Latest posts

Back