Save Torrens Island!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pitst3r X4

Reaction score
well, as most of you may know by now, torrens island is coming to an end:mad: but lets face it, whos gonna just let the council fence it off??? if anyone else thinks like me, im posting this to try start a petition kinda thing to at least try save torrens island!, so if you still want torrens island to stay open to the public, post either yes:D or no:( etc etc , i know this prolly wont go far but i figure its worth a shot!!!

If you forward this to the council for this area which I believe is port adelaide enfield. that may be a start. I have spoken with the guys from that council as I work for different councils. they informed me that they are aware of people riding like dickheads on the roads but they re actually fencing it off due to soil works and developement. Hopefully Im banking on typical government projects they always take ages. the area has been surveyed and marked up but hopefully we get a few more rides out there.

I VOTE YES!!!

i wouldnt bother the council dont give a fuk about any 1s opinion

i wouldnt bother the council dont give a fuk about any 1s opinion

Exactly right! council are not going to hold up a multi million dollar development just so a few kids can ride there bikes there few days a week!

All you can do is make the most of it now, and keep going there till it gets fenced, it stinks i know but that is typical of this great nation:mad:

I haven't been to the Island but it sounds great! Those mean bastards and ungrateful kids.

well, im sure the council doesnt care what other ppl want but as i said before its worth a shot and ill take irvo's advice and forward this to the council of that area and who knows it might work!!!

I have emailed the port adelaide council, so fingers crossed! :p

its over dad and my bro went out fishing there and thers signs up saying 500$ fines if u get caught

$500 dollar fine for that?? no way id rahter spend it on joining clubs and tracks witch would make more sense

yeah more and more of these places will be closing down and getting built on. property is too valuable now days.
Me and a mate were riding out the salt flat area near pt wakefield rd on sat and got chased out by a guy on a horse haha. It sucks coz all those little areas are way more fun than any track :(

guess you will all have to join sambra and ride on there purpose built tracks with other people who share the passion instead

yeah more and more of these places will be closing down and getting built on. property is too valuable now days.
Me and a mate were riding out the salt flat area near pt wakefield rd on sat and got chased out by a guy on a horse haha. It sucks coz all those little areas are way more fun than any track :(

you obviously haven ridden on a purpose built mini track that is maintained all the time! cause i kno that id rather ride te track than some flat paddock

A track is much better to ride on than a flat paddock as BRRAPP said. I will be joining sambra this weekend if they send me an email on how to get there and weather permits. Torrens Island is fun and was a good place to go when there is no riding on at sambra.
IN regards to the signs being up..... Are these the land management signs as they have been up for over 10 years saying off road condition only entry strictly prohibited etc. but if any body can confirm that they have placed new signs and fencing is on its way that would be great. cheers

you obviously haven ridden on a purpose built mini track that is maintained all the time! cause i kno that id rather ride te track than some flat paddock

i raced motocross for 5 years so yes i do think i know what a maintained track feels like. i never said a flat paddock. It was hilly grass areas where we were riding. But fun little areas where you can muck around on and just do what you want are great fun, rather than lap after lap of the same thing. Im all for getting more people into joining clubs, coz its clubs that promote the sport, not paddocks. :eek:

yer torrens island is good for how close it is from my house- 5 minutes, but i wud ride a purpose built track any day over the island......

as far as signs go theres only signs saying do not dig here and shit

Latest posts

Back