Second Hand Helmet

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. Don't buy used!
I had a big crash a few years back that left me with an open compound fracture (radius and ulna of left arm snapped and shaped like an 's' with bone poking through the skin) and a badly broken collarbone. I was knocked unconcious briefly so I know I hit my head hard. The force of the impact alone snapped my arm and collar bone and knocked me out. Nothing hit me and I didn't hit anything (except a massive washout!)
That helmet looked fine bar a couple of scratches. I retired it and bought a new one. Don't risk it.
I could have tried to flog that helmet off to some poor unsuspecting fool and they would have never known. I know for a fact that helmet was compromised.
You can buy lots of really good quality helmets now days for the budget you have. Do yourself a favor.
End of rant.
oldhack

Hey guys
After your feedback and talking to some mates of mine I'm gonna go new.
I saw a Fox V2 for $169 from a retailer in melbourne so I think thats where my money's going.
Cheers for your help guys :D

Good call and good luck!
The helmet I broke was a Fox. Great helmet and very comfortable. I would buy one again.
oldhack.

any one that buys a second hand helmet is an idiot,ill sell you a brand new one for $180

Like Sean01 said accidents happen and when they do you dont want the thing thats protecting you to be dodgy. Take the padding out and check for lumps if there anrent then its probly fine if your not doing crusty demon stuff

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the outer shell is flexable but when you have a crash and hit ya head the white foam crushes to absorb the impact,this never returns to shape it stays crushed so next time you crash there is nothing to absorb the impact and instead it is delivered to your head and ya brain,dont buy second hand helmets and if you have a big crash i a helmet dont sell it to someone else cut the straps off it and put it on your shelf.....

i would stay a way from a second hand helmet you never know what has been dune to it at the end of the day your safty comes first so for the sake of $100-$200 is it worth it ? the only time i would do it if it was a close freind and i knew the history off it

Latest posts

Back