selecting new bike (help is appreciated)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelin man

Reaction score
Hey guys. The time has come to upgrade, I've reached the peak of my bikes performance and need more. In other words she just cant handle me riding her anymore;). What i was thinking of doing is upgrading the suspension on my current bike, as that what is need because im to heavy(if you go to my picture gallery you'll see my crappy forks) but i cant be arsed, and it would cost more than what my bike is worth. (paid $400 for her in 2006 brand new)
Any way i was looking at the pit pro 140XR, they look tops and the ride on 'em don't look bad either. I was also looking at the Atomic ProX BigFoot, they look really good in white, and look pretty large too, but the only thing that keeps me away is the engine, they say its a Lifan 125cc but i find that hard to believe, but other wise i think they would be a descent bike.

Ok, so here is my list of stuff:

my budget it about $850 (stretched for the PP 140XR)

it needs fairly decent suspension, good for small jumps, or at least better than what i have currently.

mid-size is preferred

I'm not to fussed on engine size, a 140 would be great but im more after reliability.

Any other suggestions are welcome(MSO etc.).

Oh and a question to all you ProX owners out there, are the cooling fins behind the front fairings real, or are they just for show?

the fins are just for show, i took mine out...weight reduction:p

they look good, but they are just gap fillers at the end of the day

ok tell me what you think?
im thinking of getting a PROX Bigfoot and putting a lifan 140cc monster in it, and a fastace rear shock. They seem to have a good frame particularly for jumps, or are they crappy quality?

or should i just get a PP 140XR and just do some minor things like pro tapers ect?

My proX isnt a bigfoot but i think they are the same frame, its been through 3 owners (not counting me having it for the second time) and has been thrashed the whole time. Frame is still dead straight even after being ghostyed off a 5m drop

i got my pitpro 140xr bike alil wile ago and couldnt be more happy with it, only couple things wrong with it but easy fixed, great bike

the atomik prox iv heard good and BAd things about lol so i would have no idea but pitpro xr are a way better bike then the prox , its just how much u wanna spend

Hey, if you read the 50s brotherhood mini reviews they say that they would recommend for the proX not to be jumped.... The 140xr is definately the way to go, or if you keep savign maybe even a MSO, they have the 125s for under 1k and if you tell them from miniriders, they'll give you a great deal on a 140s!!
Cheers.

i have a prox140 big foot paid 800 and a new pitpro 150 paid 1500 it has the xy150 motor n its fast they r both good bikes but the pit pro 150 withxy motor is FAST if i were u i would look on ebay for the new atomik nitrous 150 not the 140 but the nitrous150 it has the same motor as mu pitpro150 the xy motor and the last one i saw on ebay went for 880 and there is a new atomik reign150 thats just come out i seen two on ebay now that bike also has the xy150 motor n it looks ther same as my pitpro150 and it sold on ebay for 880 i think now i would of brouhgt the new atomik nitrous150 or the atomic150reign insted of the pitpro150 n saved 800dollars 4 the same bike the atomik reign150 is the same bike as the pitpro150 just got diffrent stickers n it 700 to 800 dollars less than the pitpro im not happy i could of got two atomiks for the price of the pitpro n the bike look the same look in the atomik ebay shop for the nitrous 150 its crf style or the atomik reign its klx style they go for around 800 or 900 hundred minus delevery thats about 120dollars i think u will be happy with either of them bikes for the price

prox666 stop spelling like a 6 year old kid on meth amphetamine.

Latest posts

Back