Setting idle, 30mm Mikuni?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ogio_86

Reaction score
my 140 lifan idles way high so i want to drop the idle, except i cant locate the idle screw and its different to any other mikuni diagrams i have seen, i think its the one thats parallel with the slide but i tried to turn that and it wont budge, is that the right screw and its just jammed or is the idle adjuster some where else?
sorry for poor picture.

By Ogio86

Heres a picture to guide you mate.

Image062.jpg

the arrow is pointing to the idle adjust on a 30ml carb. (looks like its on the tricky side on your bike) it runs perpendicular (90 degrees) to the slide on the bigger mikuni carbies.

Make sure your bike is Hot (let it idle for at least 15 mins) when you adjust it, and only turn the screw 1/8th of a revolution at a time.

hope that helps mate.

and if you turn it down then go for a ride take a screwdriver with you, I turned mine down too much and was riding around the bush for an hour and stalled every time the revs dropped, bloody annoying:mad:

thanks heaps guys, now i dont have to sit there and listen to my bike idle at 2000+ revs lol

do they have a cold idle? mine idles way to low or something. its a bit of a bugger to start, tried full choke and no go (by way it does start its stubbon) and then half same thing then none. i noticed half choke and tiniest little bit of throddle works too much at its the same thing. i have changed the plug and just stuck with std one out of the book as i havent fully run it in yet. i have got it idling a few times for little while and gave few revs to try and get it warm.
yes the battery in these are only good for door stoppers mine died first day. i took it for a run only few k's it had right amount of oil so did a few 4 i think with the breakin oil. that stuff looks dreadful colour, it doesnt even look like oil. but when i got it warm it idled just a touch too low but was still sitting there idling so it was ok but its a stubbon pig to start and get it to idle i am not sure if it is flooding, or just running a bit rich, there is a yellow mark on the mixture screw and its not aligned with it. They must mark it before they first start it.

Latest posts

Back