Setting up a sub

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minibben

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've had this 12" sub laying around my place for months now and so far i haven't got round to doing anything with it. I've got 2 10" woofers hooked up to a big amp and im pretty keen to get this mofo running with them. All i got is the sub-woofer itself, nothing else is attacthed to it and when i ran it straight out of the amp it just sounded shit. Im just wondering if anyone here knows how i should go about getting it set up to run properly and if i ned to buy anything (splitters or that shiz) to get it going.

Cheers fellas

A sub working in free air will sound shocking. What sub is it? or do you know any of its specs? as you can build a tuned enclosure for it to work at its best.
Also it depends how, where and what you want to use it for, different styles of music require different types of boxes and frequencies.
I had a set of MTX comp subs in my car but in a n untuned box and they were crap. I did a bit of study on sound and built a custom enclosure for them for a home theater and they sound amazing. Also the amp that is powering them has a large effect on that sound quality.

yeah i made plans for a box a while back after i looked into the volume requirements for different power outputs and stuff. Its 180W and 4ohm impedance if that helps.
i'll be using it at home with the rest of my speakers and i take them to mates houses for parties. Im pretty sure the amp has the power but it doesn't have any specific sub jack in the back of it so will i need crossovers or anything?

Latest posts

Back