shock fake or real

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its only $10... you know why ebay is so cheap ? Its full of back yard guys with no shop front and no overhead costs.. when they get hasseled or get a bad rep they can just change there name and start up again.

The company i work for sold heaps of gear to a guy thats on ebay with a ebayshop and he use to sell the gear $6 above his cost price.. and this stuff was $200+ buy price... We stoped supply him all together because in the end people like him will kill off the REAL companys that have shop fronts that deal with people face to face.

my 2 cents

Last edited:
i understand you as im a buisness owner (building industry) but at the end of the day the consumer just wants the best price and if everyone sells with no profit margin they slit there own throat and go out of buisness.were just lucky if we get a bargain first. so are they the same

is this dhz real or knock off, and has anyone tried these shocks, any good?the one on braaap looks the same but twice the price hmmmmmmmmmm?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Genuine-Fast...6061917QQihZ014QQcategoryZ29705QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.braaap.com.au/Default.aspx?pageid=shop&catid=3&pn=3&productid=47

yes they are genuine a few of my mates are useing this shock (not bad for the price). Im not bagging Braaap as they are great guys but they need to take a good look at there prices ,for instance they sell the 138cc piston and barrel kit for $160 plus postage this kit is worth about $69 to $89 and this is still making good profit. As for killing the shops my personal opion is it keeps the shops honest and stops them from marking stuff up 200%. If you want to get it from a shop thats fine( you will in most cases get good service and warranty at a cost) but to say online dealers are all shonky is a bit far fetched( as alot of them supply the shops, not naming names) and i know some big name shops that have absolute terrible service and i wonder how they still have people going to them( i have had on more than one occasion had to wait 4 weeks or so for a part that they have in stock that i have payed for 4 weeks earlier. TOTALLY NO CUSTOMER SERVICE)

to be completly honest they are the real deal BUT they are a piece of shit. my bike came stock with one and i busted it going over some bumps in a dirt trail, my mate did his going over some studders, another mate managed to cross thread his pre load nut, another mate bent the master shaft, snapped it off the rebound screw and slammed it into the master cylinder and fuked up more than just the shocka. to be honest there good for a bike you dont give a shit about but if your doing anything in the way of jumps get something like an ishock, fastace 66AR or 33AR, some of their heavy duty shocks are real good. more expensive yes but how much is your bike worth to you??? $10....

From what i have read the BS-22AR is more suited to a triangle swingarm which apparently you can run a lower spring rate set up with. It seems the 22AR would be to lightly sprung to run on a mono swingarm. Just what i've read.

true, to my knowledge its only classed at 600lb where as the high end fastace like the 66AR etc... is rated at 1000lb without any preload adjustments. on top of this the new staggs racing shocka thats fitted onto the pitster pro x3 x3r range is rated at 1200lb which is quite impressive.

at a minimum i would be running one of the 66 / 33 range from fastace but am considering getting one of the staggs raging shocks to see how they go against some of the bigger badder boys in the line. see what happens.

Cheers, Tony.

bones do you have any links where i could get any of the shocks you mentioned my local bike shop wont help me beceause i dont have a
terra-moto

Just looking at the Fastace website and it says the BS-22AR is rated at 250lbs, the BS-58RC at 550lbs. Then you can't get any info on the BS-33AR or BS-66RC. It be interested to see if anyone knows about spring ratings for the 33AR & 66RC cause i can't find much info on them at all.

the 33 and 66 range are rated at 1000lbs. i know as we have ordered 8 of them (for different reasons, there are 5 of us as well, not just me :D) with regards to the beasty staggs racing the only place i know of at this time is anyone that sells pitster's / GT or www.sadirtbikes.com.au..

i know the staggs racing ones are rated at 1200lbs due to the fact that i have been into sa dirtbikes, talked to the guys and have seen the markings indicating that this is the truth. with regards to the 33 and 66 line from fastace go to www.fmr.net.au and check them out, i believe there located in Queensland somewhere but if need be i am sure you would be able to get one of these fastace shocks from e-bay.

Cheers, Tony.

The thing with buying the $1000 dollar bikes is that it is fine for a 10 year old kid riding on poppy's farm occasionally. For anyone else who wants to ride the thing for real, it is only a way to get rolling while you spend the extra needed to turn it into a decent ride. When your done, you will be riding a bike that has cost you a couple a thou. Sooner you realize this the better. Don't waste money on mid priced stuff that will fail also, when you couldv'e spent it on the good one. When I first got into mini's I spent $600 on 3 different $200 shocks. Sometimes I'm a slow learner! For the same money I could've saved myself a hell of a lot of trouble (and skin) and been enjoying a nice plush shock all along.

Suspension wise, anyone wanting a half decent and reliable ride for cheapest cost, has to be at minimum, looking at something like this IMO :

the fully adjustable fastace forks (fitted with tapered bearings), the top model fastace shock, pro taper bars (or equivelent), 32 spoke rims (fitted with rim lock),15mm axles and a good set of tyres.

That shock is a good little shock for a very light rider but is not going to survive being jumped by anyone else. I have fitted and tested those shocks. The rebound adjustment is very good on them and really makes them, but they just aren't heavy enough for extreme use. They bend cause of the 12mm shaft and light spring. The spring also is very close to the shock body and rubs severly on it under load.

so fastace is good or not and how would the 66 be for me i weigh 90kg

The 66 is a tough enough shock in my experience. The only problem you guys may have is that I believe many of the china bikes to be poorly balanced. For e.g. the DHZ looks to me too high in the rear as you can tell by how the bash plate is actually sloping downward. This shock or any this length may make it heaps worse.

Yea
New FAST ACE on me PIT PRO........Bit of rebound control...Bit deadly without....Going to do fork's tomorrow,new spring's etc

STICK
p.s making mounting bracket for canister

Last edited:
how does it compare to the stock shocker stick. why did you op for the remote canister? does the other type with canister attached not fit?

Yea
Stock shock has no rebound,New shock is top of the range....has all ajustment's.got remote model for good price

Latest posts

Back