:: should i be doin this::?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacky4

Reaction score
should i be washing my pitpro125cc with a high compresher gernsey water thingy? will it damage anything rust that sorta thing i have washed it once 2 days after i got it went for a ride got muddy and washed it with that and ye hasnt damaged anything at the moment but wanna be safe

also should i first spray the bike then get soup and water wash that way and wash off?

will my bearings rust over the weeks washing it? how can i make it not will
WD40 go good? help me out thnx:)

Personally I wouldn't use a gerni. I think a normal hose is adequate. Make sure you put a plastic bag over the intake and a bung in the exhaust. And try not to wet the electrics to much.

Plenty of people do it and have no problems. But high pressure can force water in to bearings etc. and also blast of decals so i personaly wouldnt use a pressure washer. (I havent ever washed my bike)

Gerni's are fine & quickly take the mud & shit off - make sure you cover the air cleaner - WD40 anything you're worried about afterwards - a clean bike is easier to maintain & lasts longer ;)

some people do say it takes the grease out of your bearings and wd40 also washes grease away. i personally just use a hose and try not to point it at the bearings directly but it is a bit difficult on the mini bikes as all the bearings are out in the open and most off them dont have seals so i would suggest being extra careful around them.

ye i got sealed black bearings front and back but its werid i thought they should be covered but ye when i go ridding mud gets there alot so ye i wash the mud away but scared over months if i keep this up will it rust my bearings? i have RP7 thats same as wd40 so ill use that

and i washed my bike with just the guine no soup in backet came out with creasers, should i start using a bucket with soup and doin it that way?

Last edited:
i really rip into my bike hard with the preussure hose i talking everything. around the carbie the pipe the bearings the chain and all. and i have never ever had one problemo exept my pipe is rusting i dont think thats from preussure.

so its good to wash ur bike with soup and wash it down and where the bearings r aswell?

my gernie does 740 psi or something i forgot but its a lot and i have no problems. just stand back 10 metres lol

Dont use the jet nozel use the spray, as it says above try avoid all bearings and be careful while spraying stickers. Stand back a couple of meters. I had a el cheapo $100 GMC and it worked great for cleaning bikes but i broke all the attachments so i through it out.

a clean bike is easier to maintain & lasts longer ;)

Spot on ;)

Thrill seeker, I literally have been sitting here laughing for about 5 minutes at the idea of using SOUP ROFLMAO! I dont know if it works its just fucking funny as shit thinking of someone boiling up a can of soup then washing there bike with it LMAO.

ok lol soz soap ye mmm thnxs guys but wat if i get mud and shit in my bearings as they r open?

keepyour bike looking dirty and used no one will steal or want to use it lol thats what i do with my 125 atomik prox dirty as

Latest posts

Back