should i get the pitpro 125rr

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyson.t

Reaction score
im fourteen i will have about $800 -$900 and i want to get a pitty that is good for going on some light trails and just ripping around in my grandparents paddocks of a weekend no jumps unless i come out of one of the many car sized ditches there so i was wondering would the pitpro 125rr do the job and not just fall apart every time i ride it by the way this will be my first bike.

Hey Tyson,
after owning a pitpro 125rr for two years now I've been impressed in general with the quality of the bike.

Heres a quick review for ya mate...

Engine:
The lifan 125cc is a solid engine. If run-in good and proper the engine will hold up nice... while it doesnt have the overall performence of some of the competitors namely gpx it still manages to haul a 90kg dude no problem.

Suspension:
The stock suspension found on the bike I personally thought was not the best quality. I found it a bit soft and I regularly bottommed out over small jumps. I replaced the rear suspension just recently with a DNM rear shock to allow for better cushioning and more adjustment. The front forks however can be fixed by adjusting the oil levels to the desired amounts to give the desired cushionings.

Frame & swingarm:
The frame is good quality and I am still yet to bend it. The swingarm is reasonable quality although I found it was able to flex pretty easily however this is no problem if your not hitting big jumps.

Durability:
After a few rides I was disheartened with various bits falling off and breaking (chain guard, lever, other small annoying stuff) but this was due to my ignorance. After replacing the parts I took apart the entire bike lock-tighting whatever bolt I saw and greasing all tht I could. Having done this I found the bike to be alot more durable and prevent pices falling off as would happen to any bike.

Overall:
The bike overall is a solid buy as with any other bike maintenaince and care is key. If when you buy the bike you service it well the bike will hold up longer then a 3000 dollar bike with no service.

My Recommendations:
After all that I don't reccomend getting a pitpro 125rr, instead I recommend the Atomik Nitrous 125cc as it is the overall the same bike. Merely for the fact of price, all pitpros are it "buy it now" on eBay however the Atomiks are auctions so you could save yourself a couple of hundred straight away... remember to also add the price of the shipping which is around a 100 dollars.

One other thing I can say is that after having the pitpro 125rr for some time I find that it is too small for me. After riding the larger pit bikes with the klx style frame I wish to now upgrade to a larger bike altogether. All these things are different factors that you have to take into consideration.

Also check out these Atomiks selling tonight (who knows maybe you can get a steal):

Atomik Reign Bigfoot
NEW ATOMIK REIGN BIGFOOT 150CC PIT MOTOR DIRT BIKE (eBay item 170569567338 end time 25-Nov-10 21:45:43 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

Atomik Nitrous 150cc
NEW ATOMIK NITROUS 150CC PIT TRAIL MOTOR DIRT BIKE (eBay item 170569545465 end time 25-Nov-10 19:15:44 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

Last edited:
of the 3, dhz is best built. pit pro is just degrading the parts and increasing the price and atomik is decent if you treat it with proper respect...

id go dhz, i just upgraded from pitbro to dhz and its just so much better quality

Latest posts

Back