Silly question...or is it?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swifty_ano

Reaction score
hey guys,

I've been searching the net and such for the past hour and a half, but still do not understand the answers to my question, so if anyone can help in answering my question in easy to understand douche' bag language it would be much appreciated.

I'm currently looking for high lift cams for my 140cc Lifan engine.

1)where can I buy these from?(either a good online shop that I can trust, or a shop somewhere around brisbane)
2) would i need bigger valves?
3)if answer to number 2 is "yes" what size do I order and where from?
4)any specific brands that totally excel compared to others?

also, any other modifications i can do to my engine that will make it go alot faster. cheers guys.

1)where can I buy these from?(either a good online shop that I can trust, or a shop somewhere around brisbane) there is a shop in beenleigh, its 1 lae street shlutzees dirtbikes im not sure how to spell the first part

2) would i need bigger valves? im not sure ask the shop
3)if answer to number 2 is "yes" what size do I order and where from? shultzee's in beenleigh
4)any specific brands that totally excel compared to others? not really

have a look on www.BBRMotorsports.com

1)where can I buy these from?(either a good online shop that I can trust, or a shop somewhere around brisbane) there is a shop in beenleigh, its 1 lae street shlutzees dirtbikes im not sure how to spell the first part

2) would i need bigger valves? im not sure ask the shop
3)if answer to number 2 is "yes" what size do I order and where from? shultzee's in beenleigh
4)any specific brands that totally excel compared to others? not really

have a look on www.BBRMotorsports.com

jakey... will BBR cams fit lifan engines?? i thought they only did jap engines??
i could be rong...

ive herd that some fit swifty msg bbr and ask them thats the best bet :)

thanks for that guys...i will email them today.

any other info?

Whoever you buy your cam off, ask them if they recommend replacing the valve springs. If the cam has more lift than standard, the springs can run out of travel (coil bind) and very bad things happen to your motor. Or the stock springs might be to soft and it wont rev happily.

find this shop on ebay, and email them about cams... they dont have one listed at the moment, but seem to be able to supply them regardless...i bought one at around $90.... installed in my lifan 140 without any major dramas, recommended to run heavier duty dual valve springs which they can also supply.
this is a 7mm lift cam, (standard is i am told, 6.6mm lift), revs like a bast*rd, and pulls real hard up top, making nearly 10hp at rear wheel at 9500rpm with rotor kit, exhaust and 28mm oko flatslide carby fitted... (go the 26mm though, easier to tune) Idle is slightly uneven since installation, and care needs to be taken when kickstarting it, due to the lack of the anti-kickback mechanism, but on the whole, it was worth doing. probably not much good to an inexperienced rider, or the lazy home mechanic though... ;)

Latest posts

Back