Slipping clutch

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PICCOLO

Reaction score
Hey guys my clutch is slipping since i put the irk and lightend oil slinger in so i was wondering if anyone knows where to get heavy duty springs for my clutch its on a 1P55FMJ lifan 140
Cheers
P.S i had the clutch off to fix gear selector prob i was having could this have anything to do with it?

I'm tellin ya, she knows you don't luv her...

TRX 90 clutch springs are supposed to be the goods. I have no idea if this is true or what, cause I've never done it myself.

have a play with the tensioner on the end of the clutch lever, take a little slack off the cable so its looser until pulling the clutch in only just disengages it... no reason why it should be slipping with the IRK+slinger

Yeah i love her mack i swear :) and i have done that already ninetysix the only other thing is i might have something to do with the oil i put in it. ??
Im using the same oil i run in my yamaha wr250f Shell VSX full synthetic 15/50 motor bike oil Do you think that might be causing the prob?? Well im am a fair lump of a bloke aswell i weigh like 95kg

yeah the oil is the prob. these bikes run a multi plate wet clutch and this means you can't use synthetic oils, just drain out the old oil and replace with a car engine oil, i use valvoline XLD plus SAE 20w-50w. i have always used this one in both the holdens and my pit bike, i also have the 140 and it works wonderfully. no slips.

hope this helps callan.

its only friction modified oils that dont work well with a wet clutch, which the WR250F also uses...

but yeah a nice mineral oil is ideal

are you certain you put the clutch back together exactly as it should be? if the oil doesnt help then maybe pull the plates out, check if fibres are glazed at all... give them a rub on some smooth concrete or sand paper if so... they shouldnt be too worn yet tho..

if all thats ok, look at the springs... not sure what after market springs would fit, but you could just try shimming them up with some washers - even if just to rule out the problem

Sorry boys but your both wrong this oil is not friction modified it made for motor bikes with wet clutch but thanks for your ideas anyway. Ninetysix you might be right i may have put the clutch together wrong but im not sure i might pull it down and have a looksee but i like your idear about the shimming i might have a look and see if that will work Thanks guys for your input :)

Cheers PICCOLO

Latest posts

Back