....smashed......

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trashthumpy

Reaction score
ok went out to pelican point today took 1 hour in the car satarted riding for like 15min and my chain came off and smashes the magneto cover and the little electronic thingo...:rolleyes: it broke the bracket that holds that thingo (see pics) is that part ov the engine block? if it is is it fixable? will i need a new maneto? im hoping the engines not totally screwed but if it is il be looking at a MSO x6r.....
Picture469.jpg

Picture468.jpg

that suck's dude! i seen this all the time, somtimes it fixable but most of the time that lil pickup is cast to the engine, if you get i inner rotor kit though it should also fit ya troubles.

yes, it looks like its now time for the irk. or a new crankcase halve. also a bit of chain oil wouldn,t hurt if i may say so.

lol yeah it looks like some one leaves there bike out side

but yeah id go for a irk as the other guys said cause then you dont need that part that broke off

my bike is not start in anygear and i heard you cant put IRK on em true? and np y bike lives under cover dry chain cause riding in sand and the lube dont last to long.....

my bike is not start in anygear and i heard you cant put IRK on em true? and np y bike lives under cover dry chain cause riding in sand and the lube dont last to long.....
the weight of the stock flywheel compared to the inner rotor kit is quite a difference, this is why when you fit the irk to a non start in any gear engine you must remove weight from the other side of the crank end, such as oil slinger ect ect. a friend of mine who owns PBD now has a complete kit for this conversion. cost for the irk and lightened parts is around $220.

looks liek u needa oil ur chain more often too

Nice chain buddy, theres something called chain lube! i advice you to use it!

well! u were asking for it... ur chain looks like absolute shit, u ever thaught of replacing it?

btw thats a easy fix new stater plate! and cover... done (i have done the same thing too my old loncin!)

Last edited:
yeah it is def your stator plate, i have had this problem several times, it is worth taking it to a bike store to get installed cause u need a puller for the fly wheel and a impact driver to remove the stator, japanese motorcycle dismantlers will do it for about 30 bucks

its all fixed now no probs and bout the dyr chan that pics when i just came back from riden in the sandy beach so the salt rusts it up abit cleans up fine same with the chain

Latest posts

Back