Smoke from exhaust port area

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

konaman

Reaction score
Hey i took off the head to port out the inlet section a little and ive put it all back together and when i started it it seemed fine, let it idle for a few mins then did a quick lap and it seemed to have normal amount of power maybe even a little more but then foul smelling smoke started pouring off of the exhaust down where it bolts onto the head? any ideas as to what the problem would be? could it be that i fucked the timing up but wouldnt that sacrifice power? and it isnt making pinging noises or anything.

Cheers.

Im not a pro but i think you forgot to put the gasket back on.
how much smoke is coming out?
is heaps coming out when its idling or is it just a little bit when you rev it?

Last edited:
nah the gaskets on, um its not like a huge amount of smoke or anything but its fairly constant. But it is kinda coming like off of the exhaust like as though its coming out of the metal?

'POSSIBLY' could be that you hav'nt torqued the head down properly or maybe re-used the old gasket???

The bottom left stud (when looking from the front of the motor) is used as an oil gallery and has a rubber 'O' ring in there as stock. If you've pinched this O ring or not torqued the head down properly theres a possibility that your leaking hot combustion gasses across the gasket face, and burning some of the oil in the stud oil return.

Sounds like you have got some oil residue on your header pipe. Should clear off in a small ammount of time. Check the head for oil leaks, that could also possibly be leaking on to the header pipe.

Yeah sorry i forgot to mention it i put it in the thread on a different forum i did get a bit of oil on the outside of the exhaust pipe near where it bolts on ill try give it a good scrub and see if that changes things.

Latest posts

Back