Smoke out of the Exaust

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matty

Reaction score
Hey I was wonderign if any of you guys could help me with this...I've got an Atomik MotoX and its been running fine and used to idle low and now when you ride it for about 10mins it starts blowing this white smokey crap out of the exaust pipe when you back off the throttle.

It also won't idle until its really hot. I tried adjusting the throttle cable and completely rooted it, it started and backfired about 10 times in about a min. Fixed it tho. I've read on here and I'll try adjusting that screw on the carbi and see if that helps.

I was thinking that the foam on the air filter might be too thick and it can't suck air properly...thats why it smokes...But I dunno.

Thanks in advance.
Matt :D

If its blowing smoke when your backing off then sorry to say but a engine rebuild is on the table, It means the engine is burning oil and it can also cause the bike to not idle. If this is the case the smoke will be More of a blue colour, but if you are using air filter oil make sure your not putting on too much as this causes the bike to also smoke, Goodluck!

I have and atomik moto x as well and its just started with the same idle problem. Mine doesn't blow smoke it just wont idle till its really hot. I have played around with the idle screw on the side but i dont think thats the problem. If anyone has any ideas (constructive) i would be pleased to hear them.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back