snapped crank shaft ?????

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

furlo

Reaction score
:confused: my jailing big bore146 decided to let go on Thursday night and snapped the crank shaft and sending the slinger dancing around inside the clutch cover has anyone else had this happen????
and if so what do you do!(can you even get these parts easily)

im thinking about buying a new 123cc jailing and putting all the good bits onto it as it has the big bore kit, race cam, race valves,inner rotor kit

can somebody let me know how hard it is to swap the goods over and whats involved as i bought the motor in the bike
i.e do i just remove the head then cylinder and swap the piston over and bolt straight onto the new motor????????????:eek:

any ideas or knowledge welcomed
regards Furlo (the bikeless one):D

1397d1205639571-snapped-crank-shaft-phpq6wfugpm.jpg

Attachments

• phpQ6wFUGPM.JPG
    phpQ6wFUGPM.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 114
Last edited by a moderator:
yes all you have to do is swap the parts over not a big job, i have a new 125cc jialing for sale for 280 if your interested pm me

did u say it had an irk on it but no smaller sling.... thats abit suspect

yep i would be putting either a lightened oil sling in, or taking some of the weight off in the lathe.

daaasching...another example that an IRK doesn´t work well with alot weight on the other side.....for all the haters which talk always contrary:p :p

haha there is big threads on this "irk's don't break shafts" Blah Blah this proves mine and alot of other peoples points. I had my irk and no sling and people were like "...just put it on, it will be sweet..." pfft go jump off a bridge

yes but how much power is your motor producing, also if you have a 140cc due to the stroke being longer the motor isnt going to be spinning up to high revs as quick, not saying there is no risk just saying it would be less

i was told when i bought it that it had around 15hp
and the best part is i was told it had a light slinger on it
(cheers)
it came with a big box of spares barrels,4 sets of brakes,plastics,2 heavy slingers and ONE LIGHTENED SLINGER i didnt even think to check to see

hey what the hell does irk mean is that the kit thats been put on it????
im new to all this pitbike lingo

IRK stand for Internal Rotor Kit.

bad luck about the crankshaft. it might not be as simple as just putting the head and cylinder on. im not quite sure, but its possible that the crank cases may of been machined to fit the larger cylinder on. but try just swapping it over youll soon find if it will fit or not.

no you wont need to machine the cases, you just need either a new crank or a new engine to swap the parts to.
i have a new engine for sale asking 280 for it as i have said before.

i can get a new motor off the shelve here in adelaide for $300.00 but ill keep you in mind tubes

mine is too, if you were asking.
have a look for it in the classifieds section for pics and more details

problem solver,ed found some one qlued in on the problem and willing to fix it
and they had a spare crank to boot (sweet aye)

cheers for the feed back guys !!!!!!

I have seen big bore jailing motors break cranksharft and kick starter gears and crankcases they go hard for a couple of days and then bang.Jailing motors are very good motors.performance mods big cam ,hi comp piston ,rotar work well .Big bore does not last waste of money if you want 140 motor that last great and good performance YX 140 motor that Motovert & 08 Pitpro use.Not LIfan & Ducar 140 crap i am a motor bike mechanic and seen to many stuffed broken crankcases, kick starter gears ,crankshafts.

Latest posts

Back