Snapping Spokes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter1230

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Ok so my DHZ K1 was going awesome up until now.
Flat tyres are an issue. I got a rim lock put in. still got one and somehow snapped 3 spokes, they are all comming loose quickly. The bike is mad quality but i have a feeling they cheaped out on the spokes.

any suggestions as to wat to do.
Its got the 155z running in it, so maybe its just ripping the crap outta everything.

peter

you gotta keep those spokes tight! get yourself a spoke spanner and nip em up every now n then

or get heavy duty motovert spokes, then have a A on top of them and will set ya back about $40, but you still have to nip them up like you check any bolts on your bike

well the shop said when i got the tube changed that they had nipped the spokes. but then they all came loose quickly. i am now missing 4 spokes.. im guessing my wheel is going to collapse soon. i will do them myself next time i get a flat or get a tyre change.

well the shop said when i got the tube changed that they had nipped the spokes. but then they all came loose quickly. i am now missing 4 spokes.. im guessing my wheel is going to collapse soon. i will do them myself next time i get a flat or get a tyre change.

4:eek:

the number keeps getting bigger it was only 3 before

pete i reckon they didnt touch your spokes when you they said they tightened them and its not like you checked to see if they had so i reckon they will be fine when you replace the ones missing and just tighten them every now and then

it may pay to put some RED loctite on all of them

I wouldn't recommend locktight on spokes, specially not red locktight....
spokes being too tight is just as bad as not tight enuff too.....

quick way to check your spokes are ok is run a scredriver around them, they should make a high pitch ping and the sound should be the same all the way around the wheel

um if you have a look they have spokes for 10 inch and 12 inch...

you dont know much about em for someone who rides them...

They would still be for Crf hubs , and wouldnt work , as china's have 32 spoke holes , crf's have 28.

Pitster/dhz should be able to get Hd spokes to fit

um if you have a look they have spokes for 10 inch and 12 inch...

you dont know much about em for someone who rides them...

pff actually i do no alot about em the 12in spokes are for puttin a crf50 front hub on a 12in rim so you can run a 12in o the stock forks!! not china hubs

Latest posts

Back