Softening Rear Brakes?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mazza

Reaction score
Hey, the rear brakes on my bike are way too stiff (have been since i brought it) i thought it would free up with time but i was wrong. Just wondering if theres a simple way to make it apply less pressure? As even a slight amount of pressure cant cause a lock up.

Oh and its Rear disk if that helps.

Any advice apreciated.

you could let air into the brake line that allway makes brakes worse

you could let air into the brake line that allway makes brakes worse

you could always keep your mouth shut instead of offering dangerous advice

OP re your brake problem

you coul adjust the rear pedal down as far as possible so you have more control over it , other options are a change to a soft brake pad

Ah thanks for the advice guys. Il prob just put in softer pads.

crazzy #1 said:
donno why you u would want it softer? as you should really only be using ur front brakes
I dont know why but ive always used rearbrakes alot more than front when im in the dirt (road its different). Im just looking to have them slow me down some instead of completely stall the bike.

okay mate, first things first, we need to figure out where the actual problem lies. if you raise the back end of the bike and spin the wheel (take the chain off when you do this to allow for maximum freedom and little friction) does the wheel spin freely or is there constant contact between the disc and pads??

if there is no touch between the pads and disc i would look into the brake lever spring. if the spring is soft it will take very little pressing power to lock the back wheel, of course the stiffer the spring, the more feel you have and thus your ability to control the back brake will be increased 10 fold. of course the other option is the check your oil levels, of course as you would know if your brake canister has too much oil pressure is increased and thus slight touches will cause a great ammount of pressure on the brake pistons and cause lock up's, you could try to remove some oil from the fill up canister (only if the oil line is above maximum level line)

try those things but first before you play find he source of the problem as it will help you and us alot better to find the approperiate resolve to the issue.

Cheers, Tony.

Latest posts

Back