Some general questions..

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZAmiPii

Reaction score
Hey all.. Got a question for ya :)

I'm going to buy a dirtbike soon.
I'm quite new to all this (but I know how to drive) and then my question is: What bike should I get?
They should be about 250-350 dollars, manual, 110/125cc, looks doesn't matter. And I'm probably not going to be riding on a track, it will be in like a backyard and some rubbleroads. :rolleyes:

Help me!

Thanks.

One more question:

Loncin stuff: Good/bad?
My friend had a Loncin engine on his dirtbike (110cc) and he NEVER had a single problem with it. It always started on the first kick, whatever the weather was.

you can't get a bike for that much mate, you gotta double your budget then you'd be looking at an atomik nitrous or a pitpro 125rr, these bikes are very basic and cheap so don't expect too much but they'll get the job done.
loncin isn't very common, lifan and yx are the main ones now and lifan would be the better one

2009 125cc RR PITPRO, DIRT BIKE THUMPSTAR PIT TRAIL - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 05-Jul-09 22:00:00 AEST)

NEW ATOMIK NITROUS 125CC PIT DIRT BIKE MOTOR THUMPSTAR - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 04-Jul-09 21:45:00 AEST)

Thanks for the quick answer.

Wow, dubble price you say? Can't afford it then.. But I've seen some 125cc for around 250-350 dollars when they're already been used (don't know the word)..

Is Orion good stuff?

nah orion is junk, yea you can get one second hand for that much but'll most likely be trashed
brands to be careful of, pitpro, atomik, orion, tdr in order of best to worst.
you can't really be picky on that budget, just try to get something that's not too trashed, test ride it to make sure all the gears change smoothly and it's not too hard to start, check that it doesn't blow too much smoke

I'll try and see if I can get an Atomik bike for.. 250-400 dollar :) So I shouldn't buy it on second hand?

sorry to say but basicaly anything under $1000 wont be 'good stuff'.

atomik and pitpro are ok, if your just going to be riding it around your yard or something then they will probably be fine but they're still not exactly good quality.

an extra $300 to buy an atomik or pitpro shouldn't be too hard to round up though?

I'll try and see if I can get an Atomik bike for.. 250-400 dollar :) So I shouldn't buy it on second hand?

these bikes aren't that great brand new so second hand is just junk really,
if you're patient you can get an atomik 125 for between $500-600 brand new, if you live in melbourne you can pick it up so no postage cost

I don't even live in the US, I live in Sweden..

And I don't seem to find a single Atomik bike for sale in Sweden.. :eek:

What shall I buy if I have.. let's say 400 dollars +- ?

Last edited:
in sweden you'll have completely different bikes to us, atomik is crap so try to avoid that lol
just go on ebay and start looking at second hand bikes you'll find something

like I said
you can't really be picky on that budget, just try to get something that's not too trashed, test ride it to make sure all the gears change smoothly and it's not too hard to start, check that it doesn't blow too much smoke
don't worry about the brand, worry about the condition it's in, at that price brand doesn't matter,

wait, hang on, are you talking about us dollars? you might be able to get a brand new one in that case

give us a link to the swedish ebay page and I'll
have a look on there for you

we're all in australia so our dollars are more like 600 compared to 400 usd
you might be able to a decent bike for that

yea thump star's are good bikes, way better than atomik, pitpro etc.
you might have trouble finding parts for it tho

5000kr is about 620 US dollars.. :/

And, I can't bid on bikes from like.. Australia and US since it would cost me atleast... 180 US dollars?

DvDRip.. How about 110cc then? ALOT cheaper, and I can try to get a new one too..

fiddy 110cc på Tradera. Övriga märken | MC - Fordon | Fordon, Båtar &

He says it's bad backbrake and it's leeking a little oil.. But 2300kr (buy now 3000kr) is like 287 USD and buy now price is 375 USD.

Worth bidding or you recommend going for that darn 125cc?
Maybe 125cc is a little to powerfull for me, since I'm not an very experienced driver :p

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back