Somethings Wrong

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniel40

Reaction score
i recently put a new head on my bike as i bent a valve and got a new piston and i got our friend (who is a mechanic) to put it back together and now it has no power at all and it sounds shocking i also put a new carby and manifold on ive adjusted teh carby but thats hasnt helped could it be teh timing??

Umm, maybe your bike is a piece of crap? Nah im joking man .. farkk

Since you got a new carby have you made sure it isnt a complete piece of shit?

One big problem i see from people on these forums is they have a problem or something, they then go and change several items in the one hit attempting to fix it and end up wondering why their bike won't go like it used to.

The key to fixing a bike (or anything else for that matter) is to eliminate problems one at a time.

In this case, you bent a valve so you replaced the head. GOOD!! Once you've changed the head, put the thing back together and make sure it runs with everything else as it was. Its only a 10 minute job to put a new carby on so make sure the bike runs first, then when its going properly, THEN change the carbie. You also changed the manifold, if it is not set up for that carbie then perhaps your engine tune will not be correct. But the moral is, only alter one thing at a time and eliminate problems. Same goes if your making mods, change one thing at a time and make sure it works properly after every alteration!

As for your problem, its a bit vague to just say your bike doesn't have any power. Does it sound like it did before? Does it have any rattles? Does it backfire? Is it blowing smoke? Have you run the engine in after changing the head? Is the head sealing properly? Did you use a new head gasket? Is one of the new valves sticking?

You can see the predicament. Give your beast another run and listen/look very carefully at what has changed since doing your work. When you can nail a few things that are different, jump on and give us a bit of a more detailed description and i can bet that your problem will be solved pretty quick.

Good luck man, hope she gets back on the gas soon.

This guy above me is the best.

i just found a crack on the cam gear cover (i think thats wat its called lol) and its letting air out could this be it??

Could be, seal it up and see how she goes.

wat do i seal it with it would melt shit woudnt it??

You really gotta weld it up to get a propper seal on it. For just a trial you could maybe try some high temp selastic or something? I'm not real sure man. But i don't think thats the cause of your problems. It could be, but i don't think having a crack in that cover is going to cause any real problems.

I dont think that crack would cause too much greif. If I was you I would put the old carby back on and see if it helps. As Matty said only fix one thing at a time so your best option as far as I see it is to put your correctly tuned carby back on, run the engine in (sort your low power issues) then repalce and tune your carby.

Dude it sounds like you have got the cam timing out a tooth. Pull the cover off and see if the dots line up when the piston is fully at the top. Use a screwdriver in the spark plug hole while you roll the bike forward in top gear. When it gets pushed as far out the hole as it can before starting to go back down the piston will be at the top. Check the cam marks at this point. The dot on the gear should be dead inline with the mark on the head. If it is really gutless it will be a tooth out probably. Hopefully it hasnt bent your valves again.:( Always start looking for problems where you have been playing first. Why would it be the carby or manifold if it was ok before your fiddle?:rolleyes:

ok mate i think it could be out a tooth ill fix it now thanks everyone

Latest posts

Back