South Australia Riding Petition

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonetopilbara

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

If you are from South Australia and interested in a purpose built riding facility in South Australia please visit the petition link by clicking the link below

Pitbike riding area Petition

At this stage the only LEGAL known riding areas are JAMS and SAMBRA

Motorcycling Australia is looking at the issue but not until they have a Pitbike standard and because there are soo many manufacturers and given that KTM had a long haul getting their KTM 65 approved, it's a positive step but don't hold your breath anytime soon.

Most although not all Motocross clubs in SA are reluctant to have these bikes on their tracks, although some seem to be willing to allow you to ride with a day licence, albeit only on specified days.

I have looked at buying some acreage near Blanchtown and may do this, but it may require a small fee like JAMS due to the fact that I will be repaying the bank for this land. Unfortunately few things in life are free.

I have also approached Playford council in SA's northern suburbs and the suggestion at this stage is to let them know what sort of demand there is for such a facilty. I certainly can make no promises other than I will do my best to gain as much support as I can and then present to several councils a very clear picture of exactly what is needed, how many people want it, and what we are prepared to do.

Please don't continue to ride around the streets and local parks. You are doing nothing to help us and our local MP is already campaining to have them banned because of this.

You do have riding spots, albeit not many, but the more you ride illegally the less chance you give us of having a fun organised area.

If you know of anyone in SA please encourage them to sign this petition.

Regards,

Bill

Sounds good but whats wrong with SAMBRA? Why not just ride there? But if you want to start another club/track maybe you should ask them whats involved if you havnt allready. And how do you plan on getting and managing insurance and costs? Anyway sounds good, i will sign the petition..

Flarry,

there is nothing at all wrong with SAMBRA, I just think another track would be great. After all, when you look at Motocross, speedway, etc, they all have more than one club and interclub meets, etc.

Dont get ya hopes up that you will even cover your costs to get another track happening.. Here are some costs for you to cosider.

Insurance $3000.00 - $5000.00 per year
Track construction $10000.00-50000.00
track maintanence $10000.00+ per year

There is a quick start. Then try and get the tight arse Adelaidians to use the track because most (NOT ALL) think its their right to have a facility to use for free......I cant get over this mentality, because no other motor sport can be done for free. I guess this comes from crew that have never been in the bike scene before and arent aware of the high costs of joining and MA affiliated club, (they would quickly realise how cheap SAMBRA is)

.....Yeah great idea to have another track out north...Daaa.....Yeah other forms of our sport have many clubs and a variety of tracks to go with it but remember those people have shelled out plenty to buy their set ups and most race. Your dealing with a high percentage of people that have purchased a crap ebay bike so you think your going to get them to shell out to pay to ride somewhere even when you have expenses cut to the bone to make membership as cheap as possible we still struggle to get members at the SAMBR track. Hey I just thought of a great idea.........Yeah open up another track and we can shut the SAMBRA one and use it for just a few of us privately That works for me and a shit load less work I would have to do

settle down pete boi.............lol petes right tho, sambra track is sik

Wow Mcanix

Hi,

Sorry if I appear to have upset you.

I have no problem joining SAMBRA with my 2 kids and paying membership costs and helping out with maintaining the track.

Yes I used to race and understand the costs of the Jap bikes and racing and helping out.

As it turns out you seem to be right about the lack of support and willingness to help.

I am getting some safety gear for my kids this week and first of all I will be taking them to a few legal places to learn to ride as I gather SAMBRA day on the 17th is mainly racing and people that can ride.

The poor support so far means I will likely give my idea a miss and help you guys out as at least you are doing something.

My apologies if I made it sound like what you are doing is not worthwhile.

That was never my intention.

sambra ride day this sunday..........im pretty sure of it........shud have my bike back by then .....hopefully weather is gd 4 it
cyas out there

Sounds good but whats wrong with SAMBRA? Why not just ride there? But if you want to start another club/track maybe you should ask them whats involved if you havnt allready. And how do you plan on getting and managing insurance and costs? Anyway sounds good, i will sign the petition..

more riding sports the better

Hi,

Sorry if I appear to have upset you.

I have no problem joining SAMBRA with my 2 kids and paying membership costs and helping out with maintaining the track.

Yes I used to race and understand the costs of the Jap bikes and racing and helping out.

As it turns out you seem to be right about the lack of support and willingness to help.

I am getting some safety gear for my kids this week and first of all I will be taking them to a few legal places to learn to ride as I gather SAMBRA day on the 17th is mainly racing and people that can ride.

The poor support so far means I will likely give my idea a miss and help you guys out as at least you are doing something.

My apologies if I made it sound like what you are doing is not worthwhile.

That was never my intention.

No worries just trying to get a point across. Im sure you have nothing but good intentions. We have seen all this before and will again Im sure. Look I agree some other spots to ride would be great for all serious mini riders.

The biggest thing that really gets me is the mentallity of a lot of the 50's crew (not all) who expect to have places to ride where they can turn up with a cheap and usually unsafe china made pit bike (usually purchased from ebay) and ride like mentally retarded yabbies with little or no safety gear and no regard to other riders or the environment, and they expect to do it for free. Unfortunatley many of the cheap china pit bikes like whats purchased from ebay are of such poor manufacturing standards they cant handle being ridden on a proper track. But thats getting of onto another topic.... BLOODY EBAY CRAP

My point is there just isnt enough support from the crew to get much else up and going. If it wasnt for the guy who owns the Sambra track Adelaide would have stuff all. There is another track being used out north on private property but from what I gather its being kept very quiet and only acessable by invite only. Bit of a shame as if they had approched us we may be able to help them with our insurance.

Look forward to seeing you at the SAMBRA track and keep in mind there is a flat track out there where your younger ones can learn to ride and get the basics before moving onto the main track. That track is also better suited to the cheaper bikes.

No worries,

No offence taken.

Will definitely go to SAMBRA.

Just got some safety gear from the guys at Total Imports and waiting for the pressure suits to come in.

They assure me it is fine and no problem to bring the kids as I was a bit unsure as they have never ridden and obviously not at a racing level at this stage.

I also got a bike to ride with them and am hoping that the PitoPro 125R's that we purchased are a reasonable quality of chinese bike.

I was unaware that there was a family membership that would cover the 3 of us. Would you mind letting me know the cost in full for the 3 of us?

At this stage the kids are pretty busy with Comedy Capers, but the first chance we get to go we will be there. I assume that this weekend is Sunday only?

ring pete up at sa fun bikes he can help you out with that sorta info

Where is the track?? Might come out for a sticky beak!

If your gonna go to the effort to come & have a look, bring ya pitty and have a go. You be spewin if you turn up with out ya bike. Its a good fun day racin with these guys, duno how they work it out be be so relaxed, but its as much fun as you can have with ya pants on I reckon.

Like Rainey said call the guys from SA Fun Bikes they can help you out with any info you need. Weather is looking good with some rain in the middle of the week so track should be sweeeeeeeeeeeet....... See ya there.

Latest posts

Back