south morang ride report

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atomik140rocket

Reaction score
Hi guys just wanted to report on my day at south morang with the motard. First thing i had to say was how friendly the staff were to me being the only pitbike on track. Had to wait no more than 30mins for a ride including them running private and hire karts and i was given a fair 10 minute session ( mind you being in my early 30's and not very fit 10 minutes is heaps lol) anyway my first session was great, sharing with two pocket bikes bike ran well and i was being careful with a new engine and tyres. As for my second session on cold tyres 2nd lap bottom of the back straight the front tyre washed out and put me on my arse lol. And as the bike rolled it some how snapped the fuel tank neck off (DISASTER! !!) no damage to me and a few scrapes on the bike. But again helpful staff were quick to throw a full course red and help me. Anyway that was my experience at south morang and i hope to see more motard boys and girls there ☺☺☺

Sounds mint mate!!!

Start off small mate, get a few more guy's into it at South Morang, then hit up SupermotoVic for a mini class at their racedays!! I'm sure if you could guarantee another 10 racers to help pay their bills they may just listen to you!!! Generally MA/MVic will specify you need 5 entrants to create a class, they may go with this?? It's all money in SMVic's pocket, new memberships, and race day fees towards track rental, ambo's if they use them and MA costs. Every little bit helps, it's just dependant on how desperate the local SM club is for members!!

Hey mate this is James, i met you at the track the other day.

I picked up some wheels, and got them on today, i'll be ready to hit up south morang in a couple weeks, just looking for some new boots and a jacket or armour, other than that, bike is ready to rock!

hope you get the tank fixed up easy!

We used to do a bit of riding there back in the day on the mx track out the side but it's not much chop.

Always wanted to give motarding a go. One day it's on the list.

Hi guys just wanted to report on my day at south morang with the motard. First thing i had to say was how friendly the staff were to me being the only pitbike on track. Had to wait no more than 30mins for a ride including them running private and hire karts and i was given a fair 10 minute session ( mind you being in my early 30's and not very fit 10 minutes is heaps lol) anyway my first session was great, sharing with two pocket bikes bike ran well and i was being careful with a new engine and tyres. As for my second session on cold tyres 2nd lap bottom of the back straight the front tyre washed out and put me on my arse lol. And as the bike rolled it some how snapped the fuel tank neck off (DISASTER! !!) no damage to me and a few scrapes on the bike. But again helpful staff were quick to throw a full course red and help me. Anyway that was my experience at south morang and i hope to see more motard boys and girls there ☺☺☺

Early 30s... you're still a spring chicken, wait till you dump the bike in your 50s, LOL. I took a fair beating my first time out in Lark Canyon, AND broke both levers... taped 'em up and still rode the easier trails, of course. Those 8" wheels sure schooled me the first time out, my shinbone still has a slight lump on it from slamming into that boulder... and you know those boulders don't give much out of courtesy. I just want to say thanks for your honest report, I always include accounts of my trail-riding disasters and the Compton-style beatdowns I receive whenever I f___ up, as I sometimes do despite my advanced age, LOL. Honest reporting, the hallmark of the real hand, and the fact that you're ready to get back out on that track speaks volumes. I quit hanging out at one website for that very reason: everyone there acted as if he never dumped a bike in his life, 10-4? All millionaires too, no doubt, driving Lamborghinis and dating supermodels, LOL.

Last edited:
hi guys,
few friends and i are getting bikes in the next week or so. definitely keen on setting up a new class. PM me for more info.

Keep us in the loop mate. Might be keen to come down and check it out. Been years since I have been out there.

Me and a few mates are heading down tonight between 5-7pm if ur keen and jump on Facebook for future dates
FB: Mini Motards Melbourne 3M
cheers

Latest posts

Back