Spark plugs - which one?!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goomber

Reaction score
howzitgowan :D

Can somebody point me in the direction of the appropriate spark plugs for my Demon 125? I've contacted the ebay seller I bought it off last week & still have not had a reply.. Google searchs come back with this forum & not much else :eek:

I'm going to pick up my bike from my mechanic tomoz, but he said I had to get some more sparkies, coz the one that came with the bike is total shite..

I've got the numbers off the original sparkie if that helps anyone, & I'll post that when I get to work..

any help would be appreciated :)

I'm gettin that impression scanning through this forum :)

What I mean tho, is which particular one?

The numbers off the plug currently in my bike are: LD A7RTC NHSP

my mechanic says that don't mean sh*t here in oz.. so can anyone shed some light?!

yeah thats what i did gave him the plus and he gave me a new ngk one sooo much difference best thing i have ever done

yes my mate has an atomik arsenal and he put an ngk plug in it and it went alot better

yeh my demon revved alot smoother after i put the NGK in for sure

ok so the consensus is to take the old one into a shop and they should know which'll be its aussie equivalent?

shouldn't the mechanic know too in that case?!

Come on now guys.... You've all got computers and know how to use Google or any other search engine.

But since all this seems too hard for you all, heres the NGK page for cross referencing plugs..... Just type in your model number and presto...

ngkspark.com.au/CrossRef/crossref.php

Please note that you'll have to put www in front of this, since this POS forum does'nt deem me worthy enough to post links till I've got 15+ posts...... what a joke.

Ngk Is The Best Brand. No Questions About It

Yea
CR7HSA N.G.K

Finally i read all the post whore answers and couldn't believe how many guys on this site dont know a bloody thing and was about to answer the guy and i see the right answer..

For all you ebay bike guys out there , the motor in your bike is aa copy of a honda nice motor , which and the same basic layout and head as the xr50 and crf50 so when your down at super cheap or repco look it up the NGK book and it'l give you the right numbers..

I myself tend to run a CR8HSA rather than the 7 or when i can i get the Irridium NGK's bit harder to come by in WA

agree, run the Iridium for best performance, eichkay why are they harder to come by, they are plentiful here...well worth the bit extra they cost.

agree, run the Iridium for best performance, eichkay why are they harder to come by, they are plentiful here...well worth the bit extra they cost.

I dont know why, none moto shops even seem to bother with the iridiums at all even for the big bikes , i tryed so many car places and gave up and got the repco near my work just to order them in for me, so i got a few for good measure in different heat rangers aswell..

btw. the bigger numbers on the spark plugs does not mean they r different. just means they are hotter. e.g. CR6HSA plugs are for normal putting around, CR7HSA are better for revving the bike and the CR8HSA are more for racing or high compressoin engines.

Actully the bigger the number, the colder the plug. They are used for higher performance motors to stop detonation and melting electrode tips and burning holes in pistons.

Actully the bigger the number, the colder the plug. They are used for higher performance motors to stop detonation and melting electrode tips and burning holes in pistons.

Mack's is correct but sometime higher the number hotter the plug , depends on the brand , but NGK is lower the number hotter the plug and visa versa..

oh. when i got mine, the guy i got it from sed that the new plug was the same, just a bit hotter! unless he was pointing to the old one or sumtin. owell. thanx for the heads up guys. btw is that why my bike has a flat spot off idle? cause when i got a new plug with a higher number, it got a flat spot off idle.

Latest posts

Back