Specific torque for 160 ho

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hussey

Reaction score
Hey guys have an lxr with a 160 ho engine, now 184 and i need to know the torque needed for:

1. Cam chain tensioner
2 cam sprocket bolts

I know the head bolts are about21-22 just lost my sheet over the weekend with the correct amounts.

Your help would be great thanks!

^^^ the cam chain tensioner should be self tensioning by the spring load. Shouldn't need specific torque, just tighten it firm, but don't go overboard (remember the gasket too)

As for the cam bolts, get em real tight, use some loctite too man, not sure if there's a specific number for em, but tight is right lol

Also I've been told the head bolts should only be around 16nm's man to tighten? a few people here should be able to confirm.

^^^ the cam chain tensioner should be self tensioning by the spring load. Shouldn't need specific torque, just tighten it firm, but don't go overboard (remember the gasket too)

As for the cam bolts, get em real tight, use some loctite too man, not sure if there's a specific number for em, but tight is right lol

Also I've been told the head bolts should only be around 16nm's man to tighten? a few people here should be able to confirm.

Ok sweet. Its just when i installed my v2, i got tak Rockers and it came with good instructions with specific torque. Thats why i ask.

Thanks heaps for that!

Just do what I did, and use 2 standard and 2 HD, I got the remaining 2 HD springs left over from my build. They are brand new, I can post them to you if you want mate? no charge, just PM me your details and can get to it this week

Really??? Thats mad. Ill pm now. Thanks

With the tourque settings sometimes you'l find a number on top on the bolt head, this number represents the torque. below is a sheet for torque settings, might help.
29877778.png

Just had a read through that sheet.... Probly not what your after, somewhere on the forum is a better one for bolts rather than nuts, buggered if i can find it. It was posted sometime last year by The_GDFP, if your keen to go searching ;)

Thanks for the help should be right to go now.

Latest posts

Back