Speed testing results

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lemmiwinks

Reaction score
Headed out to the local pine forest on Saturday for some speed trials on the pocket bike :twisted: Results were ok, but a bit dissapointing. I only tested frankenpipe cause I couldn't be bothered with the other one, sorry Gaz :wink:

Maximum speed (that I saw, I couldn't watch the speedo the whole time you know) was 51kph. Did 50 a few times, confirmed by girlfriend following in the car. It gets to 30kph in no time flat, surprisingly fast actually, then 40 not long after and will happily go 45 but takes a little while to get to 50. This was on corrugated dirt roads too which doesn't help as corrugations suck the power and speed out of it pretty badly.

One thing I noticed is that although it feels fast because you're so close to the ground, I found it hard to believe I actually was going as fast as the speedo said...Until I had a bit of a moment at 40kph :shock: Took quite a distance to gather it all back up and stop. My boots kept hitting the dirt on corners which was bloody scary as it upset the bike badly. I crashed at about 25-30kph and it bloody hurt let me tell you. I will wear my knee guards next time :oops: Got a big bruise on one knee and bark off both of them, didn't help that I fell into a pile of rocks.

Anyway, the bike survived the rough conditions (it was rough for such a small bike, believe me!) and I think frankenpipe works well enough to make a nice header pipe and some other mods. Also got my KX60 reed block with fibreglass reeds so will look at fitting that soon too.

dustybike.jpg

50kph sounds good :lol:

I crashed at about 25-30kph and it bloody hurt let me tell you. I will wear my knee guards next time Got a big bruise on one knee and bark off both of them, didn't help that I fell into a pile of rocks.
im hearing ya dude i also had a blooper moment on the weekend ridding my KX :oops:

gazza2003au said:
50kph sounds good :lol:

Still a bit dissapointed (though really 50kph from 50cc is good, imagine if your kx would do 250kph!) I will get more :twisted:

gazza2003au said:
I crashed at about 25-30kph and it bloody hurt let me tell you. I will wear my knee guards next time Got a big bruise on one knee and bark off both of them, didn't help that I fell into a pile of rocks.
im hearing ya dude i also had a blooper moment on the weekend ridding my KX :oops:

The good thing about the big ones is I think you can have little offs and not hurt yourself (though the big ones are REALLY big), but these are so close to the ground, every dirt nap is going to hurt I think. Stupid thing is I had my AXO total movement knee protection knee guards at home instead of on my knees! :roll: Like I said, I had trouble believing how fast these things really are. I got it out of the boot of the car, fired it up and took off thinking I'll just see how it goes. Came straight back for my helmet, way too quick for me to ride with no helmet :lol:

WTF..50km/h on those llil fings..lol..shit dats crazy well mi bro had 1 n it felt like it had powerband fukin lil 2-stroke bikes neva throught it hit 50...

I went up to 85kph on my 125 and on my friends 1969 Z50 he got up to 50 MPH (about 70KPH) down a huuge hill on the road near my house, he a got a huge run up in 3rd pinned and then went into neutral and went down the hill, the speedo only goes up to 30mph and the needle was off the chart nearly all the way round! but 70KPH ON A Z50!! Thats 30 years old! Thats pretty good if you ask me!

i was just riding over to my bro's house today (2 streets down) and hit 95 on
my motovert 110cc. highest i've heard it rev in 4th, hit 4th gear pinned
before the decent of the hill and got down low and macked it. my mate was
following in his ute, said i hit 95 down the hill.

but 50kph on dirt ona 50cc , awesome. me bro had on of those lil ebay 50cc
snaped it at the tripple clamps

50kmh is fast for a cag on dirt if you want some spare parts i have one of those bikes an selling it for parts or whole bike

they can go VERY fast down hill but won't even budge going up a steep hill (for an average full sized male)

prety good speeds for those things, they are really poor quallity.. nice tho

Latest posts

Back