speedo

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabidDog12345

Reaction score
what would be the best way to hook up a speedo.. would a bycicle one be ok.. the ones with the magnet and shit?

i used my uncles one on my bike for a day worked like a charm when i get some $$$ im going to get one of ebay he got his for $13 on ebay

It was wireless too

hey if u look in and around ur front sprocket there is a wires exiting the gearbox. these wires are used for the speedo.

really?
i woudlnt of thought that it would have built option for wiring up a speedo... if so which wire would it be?

yer i thort of it but havent done it....mite be me nest job!

So did you use a push bike speedo to go onto those 2 wires that exit the gear box. can you give me a little run down on how you did it.

thanks

u buy a wireless (doesnt have to be) speedo and yes i used a bicycle speedo and then attached it to the front wheel with some cable tires then put this magnetic thing on the (forgot the name argh) Spikes inside the wheel and u turn it on spin the wheel n see if its working thats how i did it

I hooked up a bike speedo today and nothings happening..theres no reading on the speedo just 0km/h.
i dont know if the speedo isnt working or the gap between the magnet and the sensor is too far. heres a pic.
000_0465.jpg

I'd say you need to get the sensor closer to the magnet...

The distance required should be detailed in the speedo manual.

Maybe sit the bike on a milk crate or similar stand so you can spin the wheel, then spin the wheel by hand while moving the sensor closer to the magnet untill you get a measurement.

Some need to be as close as 3mm...
17howw-thumb.jpg

Put some paper/cardboard inbetween? And.. how'd u put the magnet on the spoke? the spokes are too fat.. not like a pushy ??

The magnet that came with the speedo had to different slots on skinny and one fat and it fit pefectly. Ill try shoving some stuff under the sensor to see if it gets a reading.

Yay i got it working, but i think its reading a bit fast (im not going as fast as it says). It says i have to measure the value of my wheel? not really sure how you do that? If anyone else had to do that for theire speedo let me know how you did it.

Latest posts

Back