Spilling fuel now

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isaac133

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 26mm Molly carby and since I bought the bike it's been spilling fuel out of the tube coming from the float bowl but I took my carby off the other day and put it back on and now it's spilling out of the other tube as well, what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance for any help!

And how would I fix either of these problems? Thanks :)

seen this on an atomik before... turned out there was a bit of crap under the float needle...

Have to take off the float, and remove the needle and clean out the bottom where it seats....maybe with some compressed air....

Can see where im talking about in your other thread... Here on eickhay's photo....

Some of these bikes dont have fuel filters, so any small bits of plastic in the tank left from the manufacturing process can get into your carby and wreak havoc from new unfortunately...

can also be the piece that sits on top of the of the float that blocks the fuel coming off. When cleaning my Molkt carby bowl it fell of without me realising it. The float was working as it should but there was nothing to stop the fuel flow.

Make sure this piece is still there:

_float_needle_assy.JPG

Oh thanks heaps for the reply, I will take off the carby again tomorrow and clean it and check that needle, if it still leaks I'm just gonna buy a better carby and I've also got an Inline fuel filter that I haven't bought some hose for yet which I will also do tomorrow, thanks again!

Oh no worries carlts! I will also check that when I have it apart tomorrow :)

Latest posts

Back