Spoke nipples missing.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deva0o

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Two of my spokes are hanging off with no spoke nipples...
I am out and asked at a Kawasaki and suzuki dealership where I could find some, both were not helpful... They said I should just bring in the whole wheel but they wouldn't give me a rough estimate on price...

My question is where do I find some? Is there an alternative? Or should I buy another wheel...

Thanks everyone...

well its a good help if you tell us what bike you have and the size of the rear wheel

Sorry that I didn't include the bike, it's a Thumpstar 120cc, the rear is a 10inch.
I found them, they have sunken into the tyre... I need to remove the rear wheel and probably take it down the road to get them to do the rest as I don't think I should risk tearing the tube etc...

I have been searching to see how to remove it... Can't find anything relevant as yet.
Does anyone have a guide on how to remove it? Im sure its simple but I just wouldn't know.
My friend said it is generally a long bolt that needs to be removed and 1-2 screws are holding it in place.
If this is the case should I just keep trying to loosen them and pull it off?

you remove the rear axle take the chain off remove back wheel and take to a shop to do the rest, if you dont know how to take the back wheel off the bike i think you may do more damage by fitting the nipples yourself as the wheel needs to be trued, you cant just randomly tighten spokes as it pulls the rim out of alignment. a shop will always fit a new tube to the wheel aswell.

Latest posts

Back